20

Max's POV

It's been about an hour and Demi still hasn't really said anything and has just been looking out the window. It breaks my heart to see her so broken, but I wish she would talk to me. Soon, the nurse walks in with some papers and says that Demi can leave. She quickly signs the discharge papers before getting dressed back in the clothes she came in last night. The nurse tells Demi to take it easy and rest for the next couple of weeks and no sexual activity for a month. Although, that won't be a problem either way since Demi wanted to do the whole no sex thing until our wedding night. Demi and I soon leave and as I drive back to the house, Demi rests her head back on the seat as she puts her sunglasses on and I sigh. When we make it back to the house, Demi gets out of the car before I can even turn the engine off and walks inside. I sigh loudly and rest my head back on the seat as I take a couple minutes to myself. I then get out of the car and head inside to see Dallas giving me a confused look.

"What's wrong? Demi just blowed right past me and went upstairs." She says and I look around to see both the kids playing in the play room and then back up at Dallas.

"She had a miscarriage." I say and she gasps.

"Oh my god. I didn't even know she was pregnant." She says and I nod.

"She didn't want to tell anyone for awhile. We woke up in the middle of the night last night to blood all over the sheets. Please don't say anything to anyone." I say looking down and I soon feel Dallas wrap her arms around me.

"I'm so sorry." She says and I nod as tears fill my eyes again.

"Demi is really upset right now. She hasn't talked to me all morning." I say pulling away.

"She'll be okay after awhile. Just keep being there for her and make sure she eats and keeps taking her medication." Dallas says and I nod.

"I know, she wouldn't eat at the hospital. So I'm going to make her something right now and bring it up to her." I say and she nods.

"Okay, I can take the kids today. I can take them and Ensley to the zoo or park." She says.

"That would be great. Thank you." I say and she nods.

"Of course. You go and get Demi some food and I'll get them ready and leave." She says and I give her a small smile then walk to the kitchen. I make Demi some toast and eggs then I cut up some fruit to bring upstairs to her. By the time I'm done cooking, Dallas leaves with the kids after I kiss them and then I walk upstairs. When I get into the room I see Demi pulling off the sheets of our bed as clean ones lay on the small couch at the end of our bed.

"Let me do that baby." I say setting her food down then walking up to her as I take the sheets out of her hands. I then grab the clean ones and make the bed before I tell Demi to lay down. "Here, you need to eat." I say handing her the plate of food after she pulls the blankets over her.

"I'm not hungry." She says laying back and I sigh and sit next to her.

"Just eat a little bit Demi. You haven't eaten since dinner last night." I say and she shakes her head. "Demi, eat please. Even if it's just the fruit." I say and she sighs then takes the plate from me. I watch her eat a couple pieces of fruit and a bite of her toast before I stand up and grab the soiled sheets.

"I'm going to bring these down. I'll be back." I say and she doesn't reply so I just walk out of the room. I decide to just throw the sheets out instead of trying to get all the blood out and then I go to the kitchen and grab some left over eggs and make myself some toast before quickly eating. I then head back upstairs and when I get in the room, I see Demi is fast asleep with her plate of food on the nightstand. She only took a couple bites of her toast and ate a few pieces of fruit and I sigh. I take her plate and bring it down stairs and decide to give Batman and Ella her eggs since they're good for dogs anyways. I then rinse off her plate before heading back upstairs and getting in bed next to Demi. I wrap one arm around her and rest my head back. I feel Demi stir against me so I look down to see her eyes open as she looks off to the wall.