17

Demi's POV

Today is New Years Eve, and we spent all day packing for our trip that we leave for tomorrow and then my mom came over to pick up the kids to watch them. She's actually watching Ensley also so Dallas and Mike can have a free night. Max and I decided to rent out the balcony at Nobu tonight so we can all have dinner then celebrate the New Year with everyone by the beach. We invited Matthew, Sirah, Maddie, Jaylen, Mike, Dallas, Ariana, her boyfriend Dalton, Justin, Hailey, Scooter, and Yael. It will be a good night and I can't wait. Right now, I'm getting ready for tonight and I just got out of the shower. I decided not to have anyone come over to do my glam and I'll just do it myself. I sit at my vanity in our bathroom after I put on my robe and I start on my makeup. About halfway in, Max walks in the bathroom and leans against my vanity as he looks down at me.

"Don't put a lot on baby." Max says and I smile up at him.

"Why?" I ask even if I know what he's already going to say.

"Because you don't need it and I love being able to see your freckles." He says bending down to kiss my cheek and I giggle.

"Fine." I answer and he smiles.

"What are you wearing tonight?" He asks me.

"It's a surprise." I say and he groans.

"Why can't I know?" He whines and I chuckle.

"Because I wanna surprise you." I answer him.

"Fine." He huffs as he crosses his arms and I smile. "I'm gonna get in the shower then." He says and I nod as I do my eyeliner. He then walks away from my vanity, but I can still see him through the mirror as he turns the shower on and starts taking off his clothes. I lightly bite my lip when I see his muscles flex as he takes his shirt off and I quietly groan as he steps in the shower. I take a deep breath then finish my makeup after I calmed down. Once I'm done with my makeup, I blow dry my hair then put it back into a sleek low bun. After my hair and makeup is done, Max is just getting out of the shower so I hand him his towel as I walk by and he smiles over at me.

"I said not to put a lot of makeup on." He says and I roll my eyes with a smile.

"It's not a lot." I say and he smiles as he dries off.

"Yes it is." He says and I smile.

"Sorry baby. But it's already on and I'm not taking it off." I say running my hand over his stomach as I fully walk past him, but he grabs my hand causing me to turn back in his arms.

"I love you." He says giving me a sweet smile as mine grows also.

"I love you too." I reply leaning up to softly kiss him. Once we pull away I wipe away the lip gloss that was left over with my thumb then I fully walk out and go to our closet so I can get dressed. My stylist came over yesterday to help me decide what I was going to wear and we decided on a velvet blush dress that comes down low leaving a lot of cleavage. I quickly slide the dress on and then I put my jewelry on. After that, I put on my heels and grab my small rose gold bag and put anything I'll need in there. I check myself over once more in the mirror, before Max walks in and when he sees me his eyes go wide.

"God baby. You're so gorgeous." He says licking his lips and I smile and walk up to him.

"Thank you." I say as he places one hand on my waist and brings me closer to him.

"How do you expect me to keep my hands off you tonight?" He asks drifting his attention down to my cleavage and I laugh and lift his head up by his chin so he's looking at me in the eyes.

"You'll figure it out." I say and he smiles and leans in to kiss me, but before it can get too crazy I pull away. "Get ready baby. We're going to be late." I say and he smiles and leans in to peck my lips before we fully pull away. I walk out of the closet and our room and I go downstairs to let the dogs out to go to the bathroom before we leave. I then check my phone when it goes off and it's a picture my mom sent me of Zara, Ezra, and Ensley all cuddled up together on the couch in their PJs and I smile and save the picture to my camera roll. I then let the dogs back inside and then I sit down on a chair at the island as I aimlessly scroll through my phone while I wait for Max. I soon feel hands on my waist and I smile and look up to see Max smiling down at me.