12

Max's POV

We landed in Los Angeles at around one pm the next day because of the time difference so when we got to our house, Dianna was already there and she took Demi into her arms right away while I got Ezra out of his car seat. I hear Demi start crying in her moms arms and my heart breaks.

"She took my baby." Demi cries as Dianna rubs her back.

"You will get her back sweetheart. Okay?" Dianna says as I place Ezra in the play room and then I walk back into the living room where Demi and Dianna are.

"I'm gonna call our lawyers baby." I tell Demi and she nods and pulls away from her mom and starts wiping at her cheeks.

"I can keep an eye on Ezra for you guys if you want. I can take him back to my house." Dianna offers.

"Can you?" Demi asks and she nods.

"Of course. Keep me updated, okay you guys? Ezra can spend the night also if you want." Dianna says.

"We will just see how it goes with the lawyers. Thank you Dianna." I tell her and she nods.

"Okay, I love you guys." Dianna says giving us each a hug before she grabs Ezra and then both Demi and I say goodbye to him.

"I'm gonna call the lawyers, okay baby?" I ask Demi as she sits on the couch and she nods. I take a deep breath and bend down to kiss her forehead before I walk to the kitchen and I call our lawyers. They said that they both had some information and a way to get Zara back, so they said that they would be on their way to our house. After I get off the phone with them, I then call scooter and he said he will be on his way as well with the private investigator. Once we hang up I walk back out into the living room to see Demi holding onto the blanket that she knitted for Zara.

"She can't sleep without her blanket." Demi whispers out with a small crack in her voice. I sigh sadly and sit down next to Demi and bring her in my arms.

"Let's just hope that Victoria is genuine and treats her right. That's all we can do right now baby." I say rubbing her back.

"But what if she isn't. What if she hurts her." Demi says and I sigh and close my eyes.

"We can't think like that baby. The lawyers, scooter, and the private investigator are on their way right now and they said they all have a plan to get Zara back as soon as possible." I tell her.

"I just want our baby back." Demi says and I nod and rest my head on top of hers.

"And we will get her back." I assure her. For the next thirty minutes neither Demi or I said anything until everyone showed up and started spitting out a bunch of stuff that neither Demi or I can understand.

"One at a time please." I say keeping one arm wrapped around Demi's shoulders while my other hand runs over my face and back into my hair.

"Sorry. But since you guys are legally Zara's parents then we can put out a warrant for her arrest since she illegally took your daughter. It's basically kidnapping. Then we will get Zara back and go from there." My lawyer, Jack, said.

"But in Australia that was the law because she somehow had DNA paperwork." I reply.

"But in the state of California, where she got the DNA paperwork from and where the birth certificate was made, it's illegal." Jack answers and I look over at Demi.

"So we can put out a warrant for her arrest. Okay, but she's probably still in Australia. Or god knows where." I say shaking my head.

"We will put the warrant out for her arrest and if it comes down to it then we can easily get the FBI involved. This lady basically kidnapped your daughter." Demi's lawyer, James, speaks up.