19

Max's POV

After Dallas leaves, I look over at Zara as she giggles with the rabbits as she lays on her stomach and I smile at her and pull out my phone to take a picture as one of the bunnies hop on her back while the other stays by her face.

"Is that silly princess?" I ask her as she laughs and nods. I decide to step inside the kennel with her and Ezra and I pick up the bunny off her back as she sits up. "You have to name them baby girl? What do you wanna name them?" I ask her and she shrugs and lifts the boy rabbit in her arms and places him on her lap while I place the one I'm holding in Ezra's.

"Don't know." She answers and I smile.

"Well think about it, okay?" I say and she nods. We then play with them for a few more minutes before I put them in their cage so they can drink some water and eat if they need it. I then play with the kids in their play room after I give them some fruit snacks and soon my phone goes off and I look down to see Demi texted me and said she's on her way home. I quickly reply and tell her to drive safe before I look back down at the kids.

"Zara what am I supposed to tell mommy when she gets home?" I ask her and she giggles and shrugs.

"I don't know." She says standing up to walk to the cage as she looks at the two bunnies and I smile at her. About thirty minutes later, I hear Demi pull up so I stand up and tell the kids to stay in the play room. By the time I make it to the door, Demi's already walking in.

"Hi baby." Demi says walking over to peck me lips.

"Hi love. How was the meeting?" I ask her as she takes off her jacket and I take it from her and hang it on the rack nearby as she starts taking off her shoes.

"Good! Zara's dress is so cute! I can't wait for you to see it!" She says holding up a small garment bag that I just now noticed and I smile.

"I can't wait either." I say then I look down and off to the play room before I look back at Demi nervously.

"What's wrong?" She asks. "Where are the kids?" She asks walking to the coat closet as she hangs up Zara's dress.

"They're in the play room." I answer and she nods and starts walking towards there, but I grab her hand. "Wait, I have to tell you something first." I say and she furrows her brows.

"What's wrong?" She asks worriedly.

"I- Umm. I went out with the kids today to get you flowers." I start and she smiles big.

"Aww cute!" She says and I nod and look down.

"We had to wait a little while so I took the kids somewhere else while we waited for the flowers and umm.." I say trailing off.

"Mommy! Bunnies!" Zara says running through the hallway and crashing into Demi's legs.

"What? Bunnies?" She asks picking Zara up as she looks at me and I give her an innocent smile.

"Surprise?" I say and I see her shake her head.

"You got her a bunny? Please tell me it's a stuffed animal." She says.

"Two bunnies and no. They're real." I say hesitantly and she groans.

"Max-" She starts, but I cut her off.

"I know, you're pissed. But at least scold me away from the kids." I say and she sighs and looks down at Zara.

"Look mommy!" Zara says trying to get out of Demi's arms and Demi puts her down as she races off to the play room. Demi soon follows without glancing my way and I follow after her. "See! Bunnies!" Zara says pointing excitedly at the cage when we make it in the play room.