22

Time Skip: 1 month

Demi's POV

I'm doing a lot better since the miscarriage and I don't get as emotional as I was before, but some days are still hard when I think about it too much, but Max is always there to dry my tears for me and talk to me. We're actually getting married in a week and a half and we are all leaving for Texas next week. I can't believe our wedding is actually coming up this fast, but I am so excited to marry Max. I'm so anxious to call him my husband already and I know he is anxious as well. He's already taken up calling me his wife already which I think is super cute and I love it. He said he needs to start practicing addressing me as his wife instead of just his fiancé or girlfriend which is the cutest thing ever. I just can't wait to officially be his wife though, and have his last name. I originally wanted to completely change my name to just Ehrich, but Max didn't want me to because I've made my career on the name Lovato so we compromised and I am getting my last name hyphenated, but will still be addressed just as Demi Lovato in the media.

Today is the gender reveal for Maddie and Jaylen and I just planned a small get together at my parents house since they didn't want anything huge. The only people that are coming are close friends and family. The only family from Jaylen that is coming is his older brother though, since his parents and other family still aren't talking to him. I feel bad for him that he doesn't have his family on his side, but he's assured all of us that he's thankful for Maddie's family and supporting them.

I woke up this morning to Zara calling me so I squint my eyes open and pull my head away from Max's chest to see Zara standing by the bed with he her blanket. I furrow my brows and look back at Max to see he's still sleeping.

"How did you get out of bed baby girl?" I ask sitting up and helping Zara up on the bed.

"Me." She says pointing to herself proudly and I smile.

"Did you climb out of your crib princess?" I ask and she nods. My eyes go wide as I turn back to Max to wake him up.
"Baby, wake up." I say rubbing his back as he squints his eyes open. "She climbed out of her crib." I say and he sits up and smiles big.

"Really? Did you get out of your bed all by yourself?" Max asks taking her into his arms as she nods.

"Yeah!" She says and Max smiles and kisses her all over and tickles her causing her to squeal and giggle loudly. I sit back and watch them with a big smile. After a few minutes, I get out of bed to do my morning routine while Max changes Zara diaper. Max soon makes it into the bathroom with Zara in his arms and I smile at them through the mirror as I dry my face. I then turn around and grab Zara out of Max's arms so he can brush his teeth.

"I'm gonna head to my parents early today to make sure everything is ready before everyone gets there. Can you get the kids ready and meet us there?" I ask Max as Zara lays her head on my shoulder. Max nods as he rinses out his mouth and then I head Ezra in the baby monitor waking up.

"Here I'll take Zara downstairs and start breakfast." Max says taking Zara from me and I smile and nod. He then walks downstairs with her while I go to Ezra's room. Once he sees me he squeals excitedly and spits out his pacifier.

"Good morning handsome!" I say excitedly picking him up in my arms then laying him on his changing table so I can change his diaper. I then walk downstairs with him and when I make it to the kitchen I see Zara sitting on the counter as she helps Max mix something.

"What are you making baby girl?" I ask her.

"Waffles!" She says excitedly and I chuckle and lean down to kiss the top of her head.

"Sounds yummy." I sat tickling her side causing her to giggle.

"Mamamammama." I hear Ezra babble and my eyes go wide as Max and I both look down at him.