Four

◀◀◀◀◀◀2 weeks later▶▶▶▶▶▶

Leona's POV

"And the winner is the guest team, Gold Paw Panthers, Range View High school!!woohoo!!give it up for the team everybody!" The crowd goes wild as we pitched in the last five minutes and got the final score against the Black Boas of the next 2 town away from ours.

I smiled hugging my team as they hoisted me up and I laughed seeing our Panther costumed person run to the field making the crowd go wild as he does summer saults.
They put me down as I fixed my cap on my head.

"Leona Kingstone,how do you feel?you're the first hometown teams to be selected for the baseball national games, this is a big opportunity for you,what do you have to say to that?" Says the news reporter.

"Thanks Maggie, well, I couldn't have done it without my friends,my team and my wonderful supportive family,I love you mum and dad! And huge shout outs to all the supporters coming all the way from our hometown!" The crowd and fans from our town stand up owning one of the whole bleachers by themselves as they put up GO PANTHERS!!!

"Also, I'm very honored to take this team to the next level- to make it to nationals, this is a huge opportunity for some of us who come from broken families and depend on this baseball tournament as a great way to start off with something !! Thank you" I said and she asks another question.

"Anything else you wanna say?" She asks and put the mic close to my mouth.

" I also would appreciate it if we all just sung happy birthday to a very sweet girl I know McKenzie Adams, she's currently fighting her life from cancer and she's a huge fan of Baseball so,here it is for you Kenzie, happy birthday baby girl,get well soon and keep fighting cause we're here by your side-we got your back!, as the Gold Paw Panthers team and fans and families of Range View town giving our love, support and lots and lots of presents for your 13th birthday this year " I said and I saw McKenzie being wheeled out to the arena as we all stood up and sung happy birthday to her.

Her mum is crying as she hugs her husband and I see my mum and dad singing happy birthday as well.
Kenzie is just staring in shock as she has tears in her eyes.

After we sang happy birthday, a huge cake is also wheeled out and it looks like the baseball field.
Kenzie has tears in her eyes as she stands up and hugs me tightly whispering thank you in my ear.

I take off my cap and put it on her as I called over Charlie,our water boy to bring my present.
It was a baseball jersey with Adams at the back with the number 13 on the back.

We take a picture together with Kenzie ,the team, the cheer leading squad and Kenzie's parents-- basically anyone who wanted to pose in the pictures, as everyone who wants a piece of cake comes to the field and enjoys the cake and refreshments and some even get Kenzie money as her gift.

Overall, the night was great.