Twenty-Six

(Leona's prom dress⬆⬆⬆⬆)

#########################
Previously on Marciano's Mistake

I forgot about what Marciano did as I wiped away my tears.
I bumped into someone's chest as I was making my way back to my family who were waiting for me.

"Oh sorry" I said picking up my graduation hat.

Looking up, my eyes met dark brown ones.

Jared.

------------------------------------------

He held my cheek as he wiped away the tears that I didn't know was there.

His eyes move behind me to the slow closing door,where Marciano was standing puffing on his cigar.

"Did he hurt you?" He asked angrily and I shake my head.

"Its nothing. I'm fine" I said laughing nervously knowing he saw right through it.

"Tell me the truth Leona" he says and I shake my head.

"I-its fine" I said before I turned around to walk away but he grabs my wrist softly.

"Wait" he says. I abruptly stopped.

"I....I....you looked great today up there" he says and I blushed.

"Thanks. You look good too " he chuckles at my speechless face.

"Y'know, what you did for Kay back there was a really nice thing to do. Kay and I are neighbors and stuff,and I know she's had it rough through life with her foster parents abusive relationship towards her and I think what you did was pretty cool" I smiled nodding.

"Yeah,its no big deal. Kay deserved that scholarship more than me" we walked down the hall.

"Care to join me and my family for lunch?" I asked as he shook his head.

"Nah its fine. You guys go on ahead. I'll be fine" I frowned.

"Ok,well,take care" he leaned over missing my cheek with a light hug.

"You too" I said pecking his stubbled cheek.

"See you at prom tonight" I said and he nodded stuffing his hand into his pocket as I walked to my family outside.

"What did he say?" Marciano's father, Eduardo asked.

"He's..... He's not coming. Let's just go" I said and we leave...

Marcia and mum start changing the subject and I enjoy the things we talk about,I laugh about afew things as we got in the limousine and we leave for the restaraunt where my best friends and their families were meeting us there.

••••••••••••
I patted down my red floor length dress. My hair was curled and pinned to perfection.

It was a messy bun with curly strands framing my face.
The red lacy red dress from Jovani.
It hugged my curves like a second skin and I smiled.

I felt....pretty.

It had a low back and pushed my boobs perfectly and matched my tan skin complexion.

"Honey?are you ready?" I heard mum ask and I pulled on my black stilleto heels.

I opened the door and both my mother and mother in law gasped as I heard them subconsciously take a picture.

"Oh dear"

"Woah" I laughed at their reaction.

It was around eight o'clock. We got back from The Gregory Restaraunt afew hours ago, I had taken an afternoon nap when we got back cause I was gonna stay out late tonight.

Marciano didn't show up and at this point,I stopped caring and expecting that he'd change when I knew he wouldn't.
Cause truly, waiting for him was like waiting for rain in the deserts,useless and disappointing.....

"Oh my,dear Lord. Wait till Eduardo and your father sees you" Marcia say's and my mother just stared shockingly with a nod.

"Ok,you guys are creeping me out. Let's go" I said laughing lightly as mum took pictures of me.

We walked downstairs and saw both Eduardo and my dad chatting until they saw me,dad choked on his whiskey and Eduardo started coughing his cigar.

Marcia and mum laughed at them and took a boomerang at their reaction.

The door bell rung and I frowned.

It can't be the girls. We promised to meet at school where prom was held.

The maid walked into the living room.

"Master Leonardo, there is a man named Jared here. He says he's here to take young Ma'am Leona" I was confused.

Jared?

I walked to the door and smiled seeing him look up and our eyes met.
He smiled and I looked at the box he had.

I felt like crying.

"Hey" I said and he just gapes at me.

"Wow. You look....wow" he looked good too.

The tux fit him perfectly. He wore a red tie,and black suit.
He looked....cute,handsome perhaps.

"I-I bought this for you" he says gesturing to the wrist flower thingy in the box.

"Thanks" I said and face palmed mentally.

"Please,come in" he chuckled and walked in.

"Honey, you is this?" I heard dad ask.

"This is my friend,Jared" I said introducing Jared.

"Hello sir, I'm Jared Wills" Jared introduced himself as he shook my dad's hand.

"Wills?your father is Rick Wills?" Jared nodded looking down.

Everyone in town knew Rick Wills. He was what you could call a dangerous man. A druggie with a history with sexual assault but I knew Jared wasn't like that. He would never hit a woman.
Thankfully my mum stepped in and changed the topic.

"You're my married daughter's prom date?" My mum asked emphasizing the married part.

"Yes ma'am. If only she let's me" I nodded and he puts the wrist flower on me.

"Is it ok?too tight maybe?" I shook my head and looked down at the flower.

"Ok,let's pose for the camera" I smiled as we took some poses.

Mum captured pictures when he was tying the wrist flower on me,the smile on my face and his concentration on my hand.

"Ok,your ride is here. Be safe. And Wills?" My dad says.

"If I hear you hurt my daughter, I'll kill you myself" Jared nods.

"Yes sir" we walked out, Jared opening the limo door for me as we got in.

"Thank you. Its been like,my bucket list wish. For a guy to take me to prom" I said and he smiles at me.

"Don't thank me. Thank you for accepting me to take you. I know it was unexpected but I just.....this might sound weird, but I really have been wanting to take you to prom. Then I found you got married, I felt like I'd lost something so dear to me" he says and I just stared at him.