Twenty-Five

Leona's POV

*afew hours earlier*

Where could he be? We'd all been ready and waiting for Marciano to show up so the paparazzi doesn't start assuming drama about our so called love life.

I called him one more time and when he didn't pick up, I cut the call turning back to my best friends.
I shook my head and they pulled me in a hug.

"I just want him to care" I said mumbling into Kay's neck.

"Shh.... You have to be strong babe,this isn't the end of your love life,you're just beginning. Right now, this graduation, this is your fresh start,college,wherever you're planning to go after this, you can find someone who truly cares and loves you like the way we don't as friends. But you have to hang in there...I promise,it'll only be for a little while" I nod at her words.

Just....hang in there. For a little while....

He said it himself,after the contracts were signed,we had our different lives so I had no reason or any right demanding for his presence.

With that,anger and determination filled my body.

I don't need him. I don't need him. That's it, if he wants to mess around with different women and get an STD, I wouldn't care.

Nope!not anymore.

I nodded as I got out of Kay's shoulder and I wiped away my tears.

"That's my girl" she shoved me playfully by the shoulder.

Heck I did perfectly fine without this dickhead, not attending my graduation won't change anything.

With that, I told both Marciano's and I's parents, that we could just leave without them.

Marciano's father scowls as he tries calling Marciano again.

We soon tumble into black matching BMW cars as we were escorted to the high school grounds by police cars both in cars and motorcycles

Once we arrived,I was escorted to sit in the front row seats with the other school council members.
I greeted them as we all took our seats.

Everyone else's open gown was a dark shade of blue with a gold linings.
While the school council members had opened maroon gowns and gold linings as well.

The ceremony started with a speech from our principal.

*an hour later*

"Now,its my greatest honor and pride to call up our school's valedictorian of the class 2019, Leona Anastasia Kingstone" everyone erupted in claps and some stood up while cheering as I blushed standing up walking up to the podium of the theater stage.

"Thank you principal Robertson..." With that I said my small inspirational speech.

By the end of it,everyone stood up cheering and clapping as my parents both had tears down their cheeks as they clapped their hands.

"Thank you Leona. I'd like to acknowledge that through Leona,this school's baseball team is going to be participating at nationals in Washington DC in December. Leona,you have received an open sports scholarship in baseball,what do you have to say to that?" I was still at the podium.

"Thank you. Well, I'll repeat what I say in every wins we get for this school,I couldn't have done it alone,I had friends,family,the support that I needed from my team in order to get there. Please stand up if you're part of the baseball team,junior,senior" with that students stood up, those who weren't wearing gowns from the juniors who attended this years graduation.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the future successors of our baseball team" everyone clapped again before the juniors and seniors took their seats.

"And the scholarship? I wish to give it to someone who needs that scholarship more than i do. My #1 team player that I always backed me up in every game, come up here Kaycee Rose" Kay looked up shocked as some of our school mates next to her urged her to come up to the podium.

"If it were up to me, I wanna give this scholarship to Kaycee, she's had my back in every game. She's just as good as me and perhaps even better but we both know that isn't true" the crowd laughs as Kaycee walks up to me and pulled me in a hug.

"Thank you" she whispered in my ear.

"You deserve it Kay. I love you" I said as she had tears in her eyes.

"One of the most smartest people once told me to hang in there. Just hold on for a little longer, for you seniors who are graduating today, you made it,we're just getting started at what life has to offer us. You junior and freshmens? Hang in there,just for a little longer. You'll get there... It gets hard at first,I admit it myself,but, you'll adjust and adapt. Sky's the limit "with those words, the crowd stands up and claps loudly like rain as I walked back down to take my seat with Kaycee.

•••••••••

*present time*

I forgot about what Marciano did as I wiped away my tears.
I bumped into someone's chest as I was making my way back to my family who were waiting for me.

"Oh sorry" I said picking up my graduation hat.

Looking up, my eyes met dark brown ones.

Jared.