Thirty-Eight

The night progressed on and I was in a surprisingly good mood.

We had started the fundraising, the bidding for a few famous artworks by famous artists.
Jewelries,houses, sports cars and even a few breathtaking dresses that you don't find easily in a Gucci and Prada outlet.

Throughout the bidding, I noticed a lot of men in business suits taking more than a single glance at me and I think Marciano noticed too cause then, he had a firm grip on my thigh clearly out in the open for everyone to see.

A worker in waitressing uniform walked up to us.
"Good evening Mr and Mrs Scorpio. Sir, if you don't mind, we were hoping to ask Mrs Scorpio if she wanted to volunteer in the fundraising. Its a program for the ladies to be showcased at the stage and the bidding to take them out on a date or just a dance for tonight . I hope you're OK with that sir" the waitress said nervously.

"No." Marciano says and I give him a frown.
"What do you mean 'no'? I want to take part. If it's for charity fundraising then I'll do it" I said as I turned to the waitress.

"Sign me up please" she nods giving me a smile at what I said.

As she walks away thanking the both of us, Marciano grips my waist tightly pulling me in a hug.

"You're mine fiore" he says growling in my ear as he kisses my neck and I smiled against his tuxedo covered shoulder as my hand ran up his clothed chest.

"I know....but I want to volunteer too Marciano. I want to help and if this is the way then so be it. I'll do it. Its just a harmless dance with a random gentleman if you can't keep the bids up" I told him gripping his neatly wrinkle free tie and pulled his head down to meet my lips in a deep kiss.

He goes to deepen the kiss when the host speaks up again.

"Alright ladies and gentlemen. The biddings just got more interesting. This year, we'll be bidding up a few very eye catching ladies for a dance. The conditions are, if the bids are above 14 million dollars, there will be a date with the lucky lady so gentlemen, get your wallets and checkbooks out and get ready!" He says and everyone claps their hand.

"To start of with, Jolie White, Beverly Summers and Christina Pavlova" wolf whistles came around from the large crowd from the bachelors and young business CEO of companies in New York.

"Let's start with Jolie White. $500. Do I hear a $600?" Someone shouts out 650 and the bidding begins stopping at $40,000

————

"And now an interesting bid for tonight. The newly wedded Mrs Leona Scorpius" crowds cheered loudly as I walked up the stage tucking a strand of my curled hair behind my ear.

"And let the biddings begin. Let's start with a $30,000. Do I hear a 40?" The man asks and men yell out a number digit higher than the other until someone yells 500,000.

"$500,000 dollars! Do I hear a higher bid?" The man asks again.

"1 million!" A familiar angry voice says and people gasp as I clap my hands like I was told to do for every higher bid.

"1 million dollars!do I hear a 2 million dollars?" The man asks.

"3 million!" The same voice that shouted 500,000 yelled.

" 3 million dollars!do you I hear a higher bid?!" The man asks to the crowd.

"7 million!" Marciano shouted out as the other man Mr Alec'handre Cartier.

"7 million dollars! Do I hear an 8 million?" The bidder announcer asks.

"10 million fucking dollars!" The man Mr Cartier says and Marciano stands up.

"23 million dollars!" Marciano says and everyone gasps clapping shocked just as much as I am in this moment.

"43 million dollars!" Mr Cartier says smirking when he saw me looking at him, he winks

"80 million dollars!" Marciano says again and Mr Cartier stands up as well.

"120 million dollars!" He says and the crowd quietened down waiting for a higher bid.

"120 million going once,going twice........."

"1 BILLION!"