~1~

Author's Note:

So here is the first part of the first book of the Rainbow Series. I hope you enjoy it

***°***

I ran, ran and kept running from that hell. My legs were bleeding, spreading blood across the path I traced. Ahh, I am making it easier for them now. The dogs could smell my blood easily. Nevertheless, I am not going to stop running.

I feel exhausted now. Catching hold of the nearest thing, I coughed continuously. I cried when I coughed blood. Why does it have to be so pathetic? My heartbeat is racing faster than a cheetah at this moment. I could hear the footsteps and shivers ran down my spine. 

My body was shaking out of fear as the footsteps approached closer. I caught hold of my breath hiding myself behind a garbage can. My hair was stuck onto my body because of the sweat. I tried my best not to let out the gasp I was holding in.

Tears were streaming down my face at the thought of being there again. It was cold and my body is shivering as the cold breeze brushes against it. Most of my body was exposed and the icy winds were being an additional pain.

I could see the shadow approaching and I knew it. It’s not my day today. All my efforts are gone waste. As the shadow approached by, my body trembled in fear. I don’t think I could take this more. I can’t fight anymore. My vision blurred out and before I knew anything, I blacked out.

I woke up and the first thing I prayed for is not to be there. I will be okay even if I am in an isolated island or a wild jungle. I opened my eyes slowly and it’s not the same place. There were instruments all around and one machine is beeping.

My head is paining a lot, as if someone hit me in the back. A lady in turquoise blue hurried herself to the door as I saw her. And then I realised, I am in a hospital.

Two men rushed in white clothes and I assumed them to be the doctors. One of them has a notepad and the other one approached me.

“How are you feeling now?”, he asked me smiling. 

“As if someone hit in my head”, I spoke with a tone of sarcasm.

“Oh miss! That pain is evident because of the medics you are given. Glad that you are conscious in time”, he spoke with his smile plastered on his face. Are his cheeks not hurting?

“What happened to me?”, this was the question I  intend to ask from the time I woke up.

“You were running out of breath and that’s the reason blood got mixed into your windpipe causing you to cough blood. And you feet seem swollen so we just examined them in case you have any infection. But don’t worry, it was because of the pressure you have given in the last few minutes. Were you running a marathon?”, he asked raising his brows.

I was fucking running for my life and this guy over here is asking me if I was running a marathon. Is he serious?

“Can I just know how the hell I am here?”, I raised myself as my tone grew scarier.

“Miss, your blood pressure is low, please don’t take stress. Please lay down and we will explain it to you”, he directed me towards the bed and I lay down. I listened to his words only because he told me that he would explain me and also because of the slight dizziness I am feeling in my head.

My eyes turned towards the nurse who was injecting something in a cylindrical bottle that is connected to my wrist.

“Don’t worry, we won’t harm you. She is injecting some fluids your body might need”, he started and I looked at him to continue.