Chapter 4

That night in past 12, when nobody was really around, a man with a hoodie runs toward a white van as the white van keeps going.

"Don't leave him." He said through his air pods.

He sped up to the white Van and hit the tires with the sharpest object near him.

As soon as the van stopped without a tire, The driver in the car started to run away leaving the van.

"Get him.."he said running after the man.

He jumped as he caught the man and kicked his leg so that he won't run. As soon as the police came in, the man with the hoodie handed him over. The police all stood there and saluted him before continuing their duty.

"Who was that in the hoodie? I couldn't see his face." One of the police said as the man with the hoodie smiled going to his car.

"He's an undercover cop. Arjun Reddy...you would have heard of him if you worked undercover." The other police said.

"Yes,,,I have heard of the name but never seen him in person." He said.

"Sir..." He heard a voice as the girl ran to him.

"Thank you so much...if it wasn't for you, I would have been killed." He said as a lone tear escaped Arjun's eyes.

"You remind me of my sister. How can I not save my sister. It's my responsibility." He said.

The next day at Uni, Shruti submitted her script after rereading and fixing her errors. Mrs. Rodriguez was proud of her though Jenny wanted to ruin it.

She walked to psychology with a smile. As soon as she though about how Arjun had made a reappearance in her life again, her face changed into a straight face as she took her seat.

"How did it go?" Kriti and Harish were bugging her but she knew Arjun was listening to this too.

"She loved it." Shruti said as her eyes betrayed her and looked at Arjun who was picking up a book while listening to her.

A small played on his lips as soon as their eyes met. Now her lips had also betrayed her and smiled back.

"Thanks." She finally mouthed as he smiled and looked away.

"So...I thought of every way we can take revenge on your Ex." Kriti said as the bell rang.

"Listen Shruti...just expose him in front of the class." Kriti said as Shruti shushed her and concentrated on the class though her eyes were on her.

Ms. Kriti Singh..." Arjun said as everybody turned toward Kriti.

"Please repeat what I had just said." He said as Kriti stared at Shruti who wrote it down on her paper as Kriti sneaked.

"You were saying that...Schizophrenia....is...where a person reacts to the reality abnormally..." She said.

"And?" He asked as a few kids were whispering.

"You..who invented Empiricism?" Arjun asked.

"Uh..." The guy was silent.

"If you didn't know the answer to something I asked, you are to be seated quietly. What do you people learn in school anyways?" He shouted as everybody stared at him.

Coming back to ms. Kriti, if you want to avoid being called upon, please be in my class...mentally..." He said as he continues the class.

"I hate him more than you hate him." Kriti said after class.

"Who said I hate him?' Shruti asked.

"See, I told you kriti, she still likes him...no girl would cry over her EX." Harish said.

"Says the love expert." Shruti said.

"Dude, I was just shocked to see him here but I got over it." Shruti said.

"If you're alright, we are alright too...you don't even have to explain what actually happened." Harish said.

"Fine...I'll tell y'all..come to the library." She said as they went to the library and Shruti started her story.