Chapter 20

He gets up and walks to shruti's room. Since it wasn't safe for them to stay there, they were all at Arjun's house.

"I hate you idiot." She was talking to Vijay as Arjun walked inside.

"Hey bro..." Vijay said as Shruti only looked at him.

"Hey Vijay." Arjun said as he looked straight at Shruti.

"I gotta go...brb." Vijay said as he ran away leaving Shruti.

"Hello Arjun." She said.

"Do you feel better now?" He asked.

"Yeah...alot better." She said.

"I need to talk to you." He said.

"What is it?" She asked.

"I don't know where to start...all these years...I have been being a complete idiot...I should have told you everything and...stood with you when you needed me...I don't even know how I would ever get your forgiveness," He said.

"It doesn't matter anymore Arjun...past is past." She said.

"I just wanted to protect you cause I didn't want anybody finding out about you and I didn't want to get you in the mess but I guess it happened either way." He said.

"Oh." she said.

"So...do you still want to know my girlfriend?" He asked.

"Why not." she said.

"It's the same girl I met when she was a baby. I loved her as much as I loved my family members. I get jealous when any other guys other than myself talk to her and grew up into a very possessive boyfriend...I left her thinking it's the best for her but she held on to me though she knew her life was at risk. I need her back if I need to live the rest of my life in peace...will she come back?" He asked.

"Why did you switch off the phone?" She randomly asked.

"Answer my question first.."He said.

"When did she leave for you to ask her to come back?" She asked as he smiled.

"Shruti..I love you." He said.

"But I hate you." She said turning the other way.

"Sorry for switching off the phone." He said with a pleading face.

"Yeah sure you are...If you don't ever pick up my calls on the first ring, we're gonna break up." She said.

"Ok Madam." He said as he sat on the bed and hugged her.

"What are you doing here mr. cop? Go find the criminal." She said.

"I can't leave cause this criminal stole my heart." He said.

"Please...stop using there cheesy pickup lines and get lost...go find him first." Shruti said.

"Fine..good night..." He said kissing her cheeks.

"I better hear that the criminal is dead when I wake up." She said pulling his head toward her face and kissed his forehead.