Chapter 8

"I have a feeling he didn't have a girlfriend." Kriti said.

"Why?" I asked.

"He kept your chain till now right? If it was some other guy, I bet he would have thrown it out." She said

"Yeah but," I thought more deeply about her point.

Never have I ever seen him talk about a girl or even seen him with another girl. I remember how he told me about all his friends from Uni and he never really looked like he was bonding." Shruti said.

"If he did like me then why does he have to say he doesnt like me and end everything?." Shruti asked.

"Maybe situations made him decide not to like you. You remember what happened to his sister, it might have made him decide he didn't want a girlfriend." Harish said.

That Day, shruti made a decision, She knew she loved him and no matter what she would continue to love him since he was her first love, boyfriends, best friends and everything. She is going to find out the truth about the man.

"Shruti...the theatre teacher was calling you...Jenny told me to tell you." Sally told me.

"Why doesnt Jenny have a mouth?" Kriti asked.

"She was probably jealous...that Shru is better." Harish said.

"Alright guys, I'll get going. Youguys should get going since who knows how long this is gonna take." Shruti said as she headed toward the theatre hall.

"Mrs.Rodriguez?" She said as she found the room empty.

"Are you there?" Shruti asked confused.

"Shruti?' She heard a voice.

She walked toward the voice but found nobody in the next room. Suddenly everything darkened as she felt inahaled something with a strong scent.

She then woke up tied to the chair. She looked around and saw a man sitting in front of her. She gasped at the sight of the white man with tattoos all over his body.

"Who...who are you?" She asked.

"I hired him to blackmail you." She heard Jenny's voice.

"Why?" Shruti asked.

"Do you know how long I had been waiting for to get my story selected? You came in the way and ruined my dreams." She said.

"What do you mean?" Shruti asked.

"What else can I mean? You ruin it you bitch." She shouted.

"Withdraw your script....tomorrow morning if you want me to let you go." She said.

"What the hell? You could have came and talked to me. I can't believe you hired a criminal for this." Shruti said.

"Well, are you in?" She asked.

"You know what? I'll agree to it cause I guess you did work hard. Plus this was not my intention. I just want it to be made into a tamil movie. It was written for a tamil movie. Or any Indian movie." Shruti said.

"Really?" Jenny asked.

"Yes..." Shruti said as she looked at the man with the tattoo.

"Let me go now." Shruti said.

"Alright, untie her." Jenny ordered as the men stood still.

"You thought I came all the way here to let you two hot girls go. Y'all would be sold for a lot." He said as a few other men came toward the girls as Jenny tried to run but was caught by one of the men.

"Help!!!" Shruti and Jenny were both yelling but as soon as the men sprayed something near their nose, they both ended up being caught by the guy.

Arjun was leaving his room to get back on the criminal investigation as he realized Harish was standing there alone. He wondered where Shruti and Kriti were.

"Hello sir." Harish smiled at him differently as Arjun looked at him strangely.

"Shut told us everything. Just wondering...do you really have a girlfriend?" Harish asked.

"That's none of your business." He said as he was about to leave.

"Harish, I'm leaving...did Shruti leave? She's not in the theatre room." Kriti came in.