Chapter 5

"Fine...I'll tell y'all..come to the library." She said as they went to the library and Shruti started her story.

"It was in 5th grade. We were neighbors. Since we were the only indians in the neighborhood, our parents were friends but Arjun and I would always fight. Arjun's sister Geetha akka would also stand by me. She was only 2 years younger than him but he loved her more than everything and would obey to all her words so I technically do stupid things to irritate him and go to Geetha akka to save me.

One thing about arjun was he likes to prank people starting with little kids to old adults. He would never stop no matter what. He had even pranked Geetha akka. Poor thing, she would start crying when he does shit and he would try all he could to stop her.

Idk when love blossomed between us but it just did and he was 4 years older than me right so in Elementary school, he would kick all the dumbass that messed with me and most kids knew not to mess with me even after he went to middle school.

"Then high school came along and he was a senior when I was just a freshman. Everything was new to me and It was actually scary. Though Geetha akka and Arjun were there, I start to feel insecure. To make it worst, People talked about Arjun everwhere. He was the hottest brown boy at school and They said he was dating a sophomore named Diana who was apparently one of the hottest girls and was a cheerleader. From what I saw, he was very close with her.

"So What Uni are you headed to?"She asked asking Arjun as I walked toward him and sat down as she rolled her eyes

"Hey, we're talking." She said in her sassy behavior.

"Fuck off." I said as he looked at me shocked.

"Why the hell is this kid so clingy? Kid can't you see we're talking." She repeated as if I couldn't hear.

"I'm no kid. You're just an year older than me so shut your traps." I said.

"That's enough Shruti...I can;t here this coming out of your mouth." He said getting up.

"What the hell Arjun? People are starting to talk behind your back cause of this bitch." She said as he raised his eyebrows.

"What are they saying?" I asked as she looked at me like i was too crazy.

"They said you were dating her when she just average.or more like Below average" She said as tears ran down my eyes.

"Shut up diana...look you just made her cry." He said as he hugged me making her jealous.

That was when I realized I actually had feelings for him. He was my my crush the whole time but I was stupid to understand that.

"Looks like they are correct then...The hottest brown boy dating a not so hot of a girl." She said leaving.

"Stop crying you idiot." He said as tears ran down my eyes faster.

"You know...I just can't stop my laughter when you cry for the most stupidest reasons." He said.

"Shut up you

"Shut up you...you...hot boy." I said as I ran away while he stood their amazed.

He was the reason I started to write more. I used to write short stories for a long time but he told me to write a long novel and that's when I started that story they were acting out.

Days were passing and one day, amma told me to wear a halfsaree to the temple. Arjun and Geetha were going to come with us too. Geetha came in as soon as amma finished draping my halfsaree.

 Geetha came in as soon as amma finished draping my halfsaree

"Wow, you look so cute." She said.

"Thanks sis." I said.

"Do you not wear makeup?" She asked.

"There is Amma's but I don't really wear makeup." I said.

"Yeah I've seen you since you were a kid, you don't wear makeup but today, you have to

"Yeah I've seen you since you were a kid, you don't wear makeup but today, you have to." She said as she picked up my mom's makeup kit and started pairing my face with makeup.

As soon as she finished, she presented me a girl that look really beautiful. I couldn't believe it was me.

"Wow geetha...looks like you enhanced her beauty?" My mom said as she came in all dressed.

"Let's go downstairs, Arjun's there." She said.