Chapter 7

"Do you love me? Like in the movies?" I asked as he started to laugh.

"You're really a kid." He said as I hit him on the shoulders.

"I am not a kid" I said.

"Tell me.." I said.

"Yes but not like the celebrities in the movie but for real...I'll love you forever and cherish you with all my heart." He said.

"What if we broke up?" I asked.

"I'll make sure we don't break up and no other girl will ever take your place." He said.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yes." He hugged me.

"I love you too then

"I love you too then." I said.

So you love me cause I love you?" He asked.

"No, I love you since middle school or before...I don't remember but I love you long time ago." I said.

And this is how the whole relationship started and the year ran super fast. He was going to Uni now so I would miss him for 3 more years. He would still call me and talk all the time but...what happened when I was 18 changed everything.

Geetha right, she was in 2nd year of Uni and she had gone missing. That day paused in all of our lives. She was missing for 2 days and Arjun looked for her everywhere and he had became a madman by that time. He was 22 and had just then finished psychology.

That one night, Arjun came in holding Geetha who was fighting for her life. Her clothes were ripped and she looked as if she had been tortured. Thank fully no rape or anything but they believe she escaped. And fainted on her way back home and Arjun found her.

Geetha soon went into coma and she had not woken up till now. Arjun left and that was the last day we talked.

"Shruthi." He said.

"Arjun...are you alright? You look like you're..." I hugged him but he didn't hug back.

"Listen...this won't work out...I found a better girl at Uni and you basically are just going to uni this year. Can't wait for you right plus she is more matured. I can't cheat on you any longer." He said as everything paused.

I couldn't understand what he was saying. He said he didn't like me.so his promise was all a lie? I basically gave him everything that he gave me. And he gave me everything. I gave him. I kept the bottle with a letter he wrote. He sent it for my birthday from Uni and it was really cute cause the inside of this bottle is decorated. Then that chain was mine. I gave it to him when he was going to uni and told him to keep it as my memories.

This is where we ended. I moved away and only went to see my parents for holidays and he never goes home according to what his mom says. He wanted to ignore me. Geetha remained the same with no improvement.

As Shruti finished the flashback, her friends were also disappointed in the flashback.

"I have a feeling he didn't have a girlfriend." Kriti said.