Chapter 14

Days were just passing by and Vijay had started to act like how shruti made him act. He was getting annoyed just as Arjun. Vijay knew she was still in love with Arjun and wanted to try to fix that instead of trying to get him to feel jealous.

One day, Arjun's mom told her to go get her saree in geethaa's room closet. Shruti walked in a she realized a few voices outside in Geetha's room.

"Āme mēlkonē mundu mēmu āmenu campāli" Somebody was saying in telugu.

Shruti did not understand much all she understood was the word death or something related to it. She decides to record all their conversation on her phone.

She stood there in the dark as they spoke.

"Mēmu āmenu campalēmu... Āme mā sōdari kumārte." one said as Shruti tried to understand what they were saying but she just didn't understand.

"Kānī... Āme kanugondi." The other one said.

"Shruti?" Arjun's mother comes in calling her surprised to see her brother's standing there.

"I thought you guys were downstairs but you couldn't stay without seeing your daughter?"She asked.

"Hello uncle." Shruti came out of the closet as they looked at each other.

"Aunty..It was on the bottom. Here you go...I had to look so deep into this." Shruti was talking bullshit.

She just needed to leave right now.She had to tell arjun about what she heard.

"Aunty...Mom would be waiting, I need to leave." She said as she ran to Arjun rom but he wasn't there.

"Arggg..." She groaned calling Arjun.

Arjun saw her call but ignored it since he couldn't take it no more. He decided to switch his phone off.

Shruti turned around and saw the two men standing behind her.

"Who are you calling?" They asked.

"My mom...she wouldn't pick up cause Idk if she is home yet." She said trying her best not to let them know.

"Do you know telugu?" He asked.

"No why?" She asked as Arjun walked toward them.

"Hey Arjun..."She said as Arjun looked at her confused.

"Why did you..." He started as she hinted him not to say it.

"I don't know if she is home uncle...I guess I'll get going." Shruti said as the men looked at one another.

"She doesnt know telugu..." one of them reassured.

"Hopefully..." The other said as Arjun looked at Shruti who was uncomfortably running away.

"Shruti?" He called going to her house as he saw his mom standing there.

"Shruti was at your house right?" Her mom asked.

"She just left." He said.

"Maybe she went somewhere?" Her mom asked looking at her car which was still there.

"Where was she?" He thought going outside to see her crashed phone.

"What the hell?" He shouted picking the parts of the phone.

It was the same feeling he got when he saw Geetha lifelessly on the ground. He was afraid the same would happen to Shruti. He can't let that happen.

He turned on his phone and found a message from her. It was voice recording. He opened it up and realized his uncles were planning on killing Geetha....but for what?