1

"I'm home". Ethan entered their house with a haggard face. His eye bags looked like they were going to fall off his face. He leaned against the wall as he took off his shoes and changed into slippers.

"Was taking care of me a huge task for you? You look like you haven't slept for days". I took his coat off, grabbed his bag and hung them in their designated areas.

"No no. It's not you. People at work have been piling stacks of paper on my desk for the big event we will have next week". Ethan fell onto the sofa and gestured towards me for a can of beer.

"Oh! The event is coming up so fast! You're going to Spain for a few days right?" I open the refrigerator and grabbed him a can of beer.

"Yeah". He sighed. "I really don't understand why we even have these annual events. It's basically us going to another country just to talk to each other. Then when we go back to the office, we act like we never met each other before". He grunted as he opened his can of beer. He took a few gulps and turned on the tv to watch his usual soccer games.

"Sounds like a struggle". I stated as I washed the dishes. I looked over at the trash can and noticed that the trash was nearly overflowing. "Honey, I'll be outside. I need to take out the trash." I tidied up the trash can.

"Mmm". Ethan mumbled.
As always, he isn't nearly as interested in what I do.
"Be careful on your way down".

I glanced up at him. He didn't move his eyes away from the tv. I scoffed. What's the point on showing concern when you act like you have none. I grabbed the garbage bag and made my way out the door.

I really do not know when I should respond to Dylan. It honestly have been weeks since we were in that dark, unused hospital room and he confessed to me.
"Awww. What am I going to do?" I moped to myself.
It's going to be so awkward if I see him. Does he even take out his trash. Wait, let me not. He isn't a slob. He is my boss. Jasmine! He is your bloody fucking boss for Pete's sake! How can you fucking hit on your own boss? Are you a bloody gold-digger?
"Ugh!" I steamed off my frustration.
But he is a bloody hot ass boss at that. And he likes me, out of all the people he networks with. I feel honored. He can be Aang to my Katara. But who am I to say that? I can't believe such a well built man likes someone who's already married. How is he willing to date someone who's already committed? I get that he is bloody handsome...hilarious...very caring... but why is he even willing to risk everything for me? We have only been working together for a few months. I'm not even that sexy or bloody with being his partner!

All I have been doing was aimlessly walking while being deep into my thoughts. Next thing I knew, I was right in front of Dylan's door with a bag of trash. 

"Fuck me..." I hissed.

"Gladly." A deep voice traveled into my body and caused me to shiver.

I slowly turned around and noticed it was Dylan who snuck behind me. He had a black shirt on with white pants. God that tight shirt makes him look sexy. His face shined under the moonlight, and I was able to make out he had that serious, cold expression he always had at work. I jumped in place, letting go of the bag of trash that was on my hand.

"Why the fucking hell did you sneak up on me like that?" I screamed.

"Last time I checked, this is my door". He leaned his right shoulder against the brick wall of his house with his arms crossed against his chest. Looks like I owe him an explanation. I big heavy one at that.

"Oh. My apologies. I'll be on my way then". I hastily picked up my trash bag and walked past Dylan with my goal being 'reach the community trash area as fast as you can'.