Part 12

Lying back, I snuggled the little body into me further. Looking up from the baby I found Grump looking at the baby, "come here" holding out my hand to him, he took it and moved closer and sat back in the letting my hand go. "Grace, could you?" I asked, nodding she got up and picked up Louis and handed him over to Grump. Holding him in his arms he looked down at the sleepy baby and up at me, "I'll come back later" a voice announced from the doorway, looking up I found Hugh backing away but not before putting down the nappy bag, "Hugh don't, come back here" I hissed making him stop and turn back around. Hanging his head, he moved over to the bed, "now sit down and shut up, I'm the one in the hospital bed and I want my father and brothers in here making me feel better with my son" groaning a little I moved the pillow behind my head, so I got more comfortable. Getting the hint Grace walked out the room and came back in with the guys in tow. Grump stayed in the chair holding Louis with a massive smile on his face, "Max, where is he?" I inquired looking up at Grace, she just shrugged and moved the pram off to the side, as Louis began fussing, "what time is it?" I whispered as Grump tried to calm Louis down, "after 12" King answered placing his phone back into his jean pocket, which was covered in blood. Holding out my hands to Grump he handed bub back over to me. Grace already pulled out a bottle of milk for me and a nappy blanket, taking it from her I began feeding Louis as the guys all stood around the room, "oh hello. Wow ooo hello little one" Althea the nurse interrupted as she walked over to me, "such a cutie" she whispered smiling and went to work as she began checking the machines and the drip. "Is he yours?" she commented as she wrote things down on my clipboard, "yeah he's 3 months old" I admitted as the room went deathly quiet. You could practically hear the guys' jaws drop. "So young watch out they'll grow up so quick. I have a 3 yrs. old at home, she's a little drama queen" she joked, laughing together she patted my shoulder and left the room again.

"Why the fuck didn't you tell us?" Bailey hissed pointing at Louis.
"Because... I don't know" I admitted as more people joined the room, looking up at the door, I practically pissed myself laughing as I took in Michael, Max and Jacob. They were all wearing belly bumps under their shirts and held some teddy bears and balloons. "Since we couldn't do this when you had him we decided to just do it now" Michael bellowed, laughing harder me and Grace both were breathing harshly from laughing so hard. Taking out her phone she took a photo of the guys, Hugh was shaking his head beside me on the bed, outside nurses and doctors also stopped to look at the guys and walked away laughing themselves. Taking away the bottle from Louis I moved him over my shoulder and began burping him. As I patted Louis back he burped and then vomited, over my good shoulder. "Well thanks buddy" I whispered pressing the nurse call button. "What's up sweetie, oh okay um guys can you give us some space" nurse Althea announced moving over to me, following orders the guys all piled out the room. Grace took Louis from me and held him while Althea helped me up and out of the bed, and into the bathroom. "Wanna wash bub as well?" Grace asked holding out Louis to me who was also covered in vomit. She also had the nappy bag strung over her shoulder. "Yeah, I will have to by the looks of that" I replied moving over to Grace and taking Louis from her, "bub, bub, bub" I baby talked down to him making him smile widely, making me smile too.

Walking out the bathroom I felt better wearing my own clothes. Nurse Althea had allowed me to wear the pair of leggings and loose shirt that was in the nappy bag, she said there was no reason why I couldn't wear my own clothes as long as it didn't rub against my stitches or put pressure against my shoulder and I could still have a drip and get blood tests and things like that if I need to. Holding a naked Louis against me wrapped in a fresh towel I placed him on my freshly clean bed. Althea helping by bringing back out the nappy bag and placed it beside me on the empty chair. Pulling out a nappy and the powder, I put the nappy on and then she handed me a clean singlet and onesie. Dressing him nurse Althea put the stuff back for me. Picking him back up careful of my shoulder, I walked over to the pram and placed him inside and strapped him back up and put a blanket over him. Taking the bag from Althea I placed it over the handle bar, pulling it backwards I followed nurse Althea out into the hall, following her to the elevator we went down to the cafeteria, walking up to the counter, ordering myself some fruit toast and a bowl of yoghurt, I also ordered myself a berry smoothie. Nurse Althea ordered a toasted sandwich and a coffee, considering it was after lunch. Paying we went over to an empty table, sitting down at the table, I picked up Louie out from the pram and pulled the blanket up. Covering him up I rocked him in my arms until he began to doze off just as our food arrived and our drinks. Putting him into the pram again I used my foot to rock the pram back and forwards. "What was in the bottle, formula or breast milk?" Nurse Althea inquired sipping at her coffee, "formula" I answered around a mouthful of toast, "is he often sick after formula?" she queried.

"Yeah most of the time" I stuttered, my eyebrows going down into a frown.

"Can you produce breast milk?" she wondered, eating her toasted sandwich while I ate my yoghurt. "Yeah, I can but lately I haven't been able to produce as much so I had to rely on formula for most of his feeds" I revealed, finishing off the yoghurt.

"Maybe try to mix the formula and breast milk with each feed and increase the formula amount and see if that works" she offered nodding I finished the piece of fruit toast and drank the smoothie as she finished her own drink. Getting up we got up as a waitress took out empty dishes. Pushing the pram back towards the elevator we went down again. Following Althea out towards the hospital garden, I made funny faces at Louie who was still awake, he had gone off to sleep but he woke up when we got into the elevator, which I wasn't surprised. Smiling cheekily at me, he tried to grab the hanging toys off the pram canopy.

"Where you been?" King ordered as I pushed the pram into the hospital room again, picking up Louie I went up to King and handed him my son. Going over to the bed, I got in. King was staring at Louie his eyes wide, he was terrified of a baby? The thought made me laugh, "he doesn't bite, shit yes, vomit yes, but he is harmful James. Make a face to him" frowning at me King turned back to Louie doing as I said which got him in return a massive smile and some noises. Smiling at the sight of them I pulled out my phone from the nappy bag which had been in my car. Taking a photo of them I saved it as my lock screen, saving the photos that Grace had sent me I turned my screen off again and placed it back into the nappy bag. Lying back, a doctor came in and started checking my shoulder and stitches, "no headaches?" he inquired. Shaking my head, he nodded and wrote down some stuff on my chart. Going out the room he came back in with some paperwork and a pen, telling me what I couldn't do, I signed the discharge papers and he left. King still held Louie who was dead asleep now, I smiled brightly at the sight. Pushing the pram out the room I went up to the nurse's desk, where nurse Althea was sitting. Smiling down at her I signed the rest of the paperwork and she handed me her number. While we were down in the garden we had chatted and bonded, "how am I getting home?" I questioned turning back to King who had put Louie in the pram and now carried the nappy bag over his shoulder while I pushed the pram. "I went to your house and swapped my bike for your truck, which by the way is bloody messy" he teased, rolling my eyes we piled into the elevator with some nurses and doctors. Getting out, King took over the pram, walking behind him I held onto his shirt, so he didn't go too fast.