Part 17

Following Grace into the bar, I watched as she swiveled the pram through the tables and to one massive table, looking at her suspiciously, I went and ordered us some drinks. Taking our drinks to the table, we sat in silence and watched the stage as people sang. It was these times where we could sit and enjoy each other's company in silence, it's something we love about each other, we can talk for hours and not talk, yet we'd still be close. We hated being alone, but we used to joke about why be alone when we can be in silence together. Just the thought made me smile. The bar doors opened, and I watched as Kaleb, Bailey and Hugh walked in, they were all freshly dressed, it was weird seeing them all wearing something nice even if it was a clean shirt and jeans. Following close behind them was Grump who also was in a shirt and jeans. Turning to Grace, she looked at me with a smirk, "obviously they got their sense of fashion from your father" she teased, making me laugh because it was exactly what I was thinking. Once they all sat down, the door opened again, and King walked in with Michael following in behind. Turning to Grace, we looked at each other again knowing what each other was thinking. "Damn" we both breathed out as we looked at the two of them. Giggling, we high fived each other and did our hand shake we hadn't done in a year. Looking at the pram, I noticed that we forgot the nappy bag. "Fuck. Okay we seriously have some serious issues I tell ya girl" I said as I got up from my seat. Instantly my dress tickled the back of my calf, "what are you one about now?" Kaleb teased from his seat as I picked Louie up from the pram.

"I make damn food for my child and guess what I still forget in the car. His food" I hissed, looking at Grace, instantly she laughed. With Louie on my hip, I gave Grace the finger and went outside, then something else occurred to me, "hey smart-ass where's your phone?" I teased and went outside and to the car. Grace ran out after me, getting the nappy bag out, she grabbed out our stuff we had forgotten. Going back inside, my dress flew out behind me a little as a breeze picked it up. The dress was a corset and then the skirt was shorty in the front and longer in the back. Sitting back at the table, the guys were all drinking beer, while us girls were plain with soft drink. In front of the stage was a dancefloor, there was already some people dancing as the singer sang 'Rockabye by Clean Bandit, Sean Paul and Anne-Marie'. Standing Louie on the table, I watched as he bounced to the music. After a couple more songs, I was called up. Giving Louie to King who had been sitting beside me, I went up to the stage. Taking the mic, I began singing 'Clarity by Zedd and Foxes'. As I sang, I looked at King with Louie. Both were watching me, smiling I turned back to the crowd forming in front of the stage, throughout the song, I mainly looked at King and Louie. Finishing the song, I got down from the stage and went back to the table. Taking Louie back who was getting fussy, I laid him back in my arms and took the bottle out of the nappy bag. Giving it to him, he held his little hands around the bottle, his eyes wide open as he drank. His eyes only focused on me, once he had finished his bottle, I put the empty bottle back in the bag and pulled out a cloth nappy that I used to clean him when he dribbled or puked or has milk on his face and now for when he has solids. Sitting him up, I wiped his mouth clean. "I ordered you a burger and chips" King whispered leaning towards me.

"Thanks" I whispered back as Louie reached out to King, as Louie went to touch his lips, King began play eating his hand. Louie erupted into a fit of giggles. After 20 minutes, everyone's food began arriving. Sitting Louie in the pram, I pulled out his Pumpkin, Chicken, Parsnip and Ginger puree as well as his silicone spoon. Once my food arrived I sat a big chip aside, wiping off most of the salt, I opened the puree, "what the hell are you feeding the kid?" Bailey groaned as he looked at the jar. Rolling my eyes, I took the spoon and had a mouthful for myself, it was kinda good. "It's called puree dumbass" I threw back at him and wiped the spoon off and then scooped some on and feed it to Louie. "I know it's puree, I had buy the stupid jars of that shit from the shops. They're absolutely disgusting" he said making a vomiting noise, rolling my eyes I just feed more to Louie. "I made it fuckwit" I continued fighting. Everyone was eating except for me, which I was used to. My son came before my needs, always. "It's pumpkin, chicken, parsnip and some ginger" I added, beside me King growled and took the jar and spoon from my hand, "you want the kid to feed that to or are you gonna eat it?" I asked looking at him, my eyebrow raised to my hair line. Giving me a quick look, I picked Louie out of the pram and sat him on my lap facing King, my arm wrapped around his stomach. Taking some chips, I put them in my mouth. On my lap, I could tell Louie was getting full. Holding up my free hand to King, I moved Louie and cleaned his face off. Sitting him on my lap so he faced the table, I gave him the cool chip. While he sucked on the chip, I ate my burger one handed. I had become pretty good at that, without putting food all over my face.

Once everyone finished their dinner, I ordered myself dessert, Grace ordering some herself. "How can you two eat more?" Hugh groaned from his seat.

"Hey dude I'm pregnant. I'm not eating just for myself, there's this alien demanding food 24/7" Grace threw back at Hugh.

"You should see the weird things she eats. I'm the one hurling not her" Michael added, making the table erupt into laughter.

"You better not be pregnant" Hugh said turning to me. Shaking my head, I picked at the table cloth. "I'm not, nope I've just been locked up in a basement for over 2 months eating only what I got, which was stale bread diluted in water" I threw back at him. I hadn't meant to tell them that, shutting my mouth quickly, I moved Louie and got a whiff of his dirty nappy. Standing up, I picked up the nappy bag and went to the family bathroom. Changing his nappy, he began fussing a little bit. Going into the bag, I pulled out his dummy, instantly he quieted down again. Changing him out of the food covered clothes. I put him in a cotton footed onesie I also put on a hoodie, checking the time quickly on my phone, it read 8:00 pm which was his usual bed time. Thankfully Grace had been helping King and they kept Louie's routine just adding in the solids. When we had been going to the farm house she filled me in on Louie's routine and what they did. Picking him up from the change table, I placed the nappy bag strap over my shoulder. Against my chest Louie sucked on his dummy, rubbing his back, I walked back to the table. Sitting back in my seat, I let the nappy bag slide off my shoulder onto the ground. Our dessert came over just as I sat down.