Day 8 - R

Brendon felt slightly awkward walking into the busy mall with Ryan beside him. The past times he'd gone out with Ryan, it was just the two of them. Now, they kept catching the eyes of twig bitches, or well Ryan was catching their eyes.

"Why did you wanna go to the mall?" Ryan didn't say anything, only smiled down at him. As they kept walking, Ryan kept slowing down in front of specific stores, peeking inside before shaking his head and moving along.

"What are you doing?" Brendon asked as Ryan looked into another store. Ryan shot Brendon a smile.

"I dare you to be my barbie doll." Before Brendon could answer be was quickly pulled into the store. Ryan busied himself going through racks of jeans and jackets.

"What size are you," he asked as he pulled out black jeans and held them to Brendon's hips. He frowned and shook his head, putting the pair back on the rack.

"Ryan," he was cut off by Ryan tossing him a few pairs of pants and pushing him into a dressing room.

"Try those on," Ryan stated and shut the door, leaving Brendon confused with an arm full of clothes. "I'll be back. I'm gonna go check something out." The door shut, locking Brendon in the small mirrored room.

"Ryan, wait!" Brendon groaned when he heard footstep moving away. He huffed in annoyance as he obediently tried on clothes, muttering softly to himself.

"This is stupid. I don't need new clothes. My outfit is perfectly fine." After a few jeans that fit either too loosely or didn't manage to slide over his bottom, he pulled on a pair that hugged his body perfectly.

"Oh," he let out in a slightly surprised tone. It was rare that a pair of pants fit him this well. He turned and twisted around to look at himself in the mirror. Curiously, he looked at the price tag and immediately deflated. "Oh," his voice filled with disappointment.

He went to pull them off and replace them with his own pair when there was a knock on the door. A moment of panic coursed through him as he tried to decided how to respond.

"Uh."

"It's me," Ryan's familiar voice sounded through the door. Brendon sighed in relief and unlocked it. The door opened wide enough so Ryan was able to slip in with a collection of clothes resting over his arm. When he turned to Brendon, he paused and looked down at the pants. He let out a whistle as he did a quick circle around the younger boy.

"Those look better than I thought they would," he said more to himself.

"Why am I trying on these clothes? I can't even afford them." Ryan only smiled as a response. He sifted through his new pile of clothes and pulled out a shirt.

"Put this one on." Brendon frowned at Ryan and held the shirt in his hands.

"Ryan," he whined. The older just smiled and turned around to give Brendon some privacy. Brendon huffed and set the shirt down to pull off his own shirt. When he completed Ryan's little outfit, he turned to the mirror and gasped.

He wasn't much of light colored wearing guy, but the light blue jeans and white shirt looked good on him. He smiled as he noticed the wording on the shirt surrounded by blocks of colors.

"One hundred percent love, equal, loud, proud, together, me," he read softly to himself. Ryan turned around, wearing a proud smile.

"You look good." Brendon turned, cheeks turning pink. "But there's something missing." Ryan gathered Brendon's clothing and pulled him out of the dressing room. Brendon waited silently as Ryan moved around the store, searching for something Brendon didn't know what.

"This," Ryann announced and pulled Brendon in front of a full length mirror on the wall. He stood behind Brendon and assisted the shorter with putting on a red jacket. Brendon could see him radiating with pride in the mirror. "Shit," Ryan breathed. "You look hot," he chuckled.

"Err, thanks?" Brendon mumbled. As much as he actually enjoyed the outfit, he couldn't get his mind off the price he saw on the jeans alone. He couldn't image the whole ensemble together. "Can I take it off now?" Ryan's eyes narrowed as he frowned.

"Take it off? Are you crazy? You have to wear that the rest of the day." Brendon fiddled with the jacket.

"It's pretty expensive," Brendon admitted. Ryan reached forward, hands move over Brendon's body.

"What are you doing?" Brendon almost went into a full panic until he hear the sound of plastic being ripped. He froze as Ryan's hands moved up, another pop sounding. After a third, Ryan moved back, price tags clenched in his hands.

"Don't worry about the cost. Come on." Brendon's mouth fell open as Ryan walked off to the register. By the time it took his body to catch up with his mind, Ryan had paid for the outfit and gotten a bag for Brendon's old clothes.

Ryan placed a hand the small of Brendon's back and guided him out the store.

"Now let's show off how good you look, yeah?" Almost as soon as they'd left the store, more heads were turning in the direction of the boys. Not only were girls giggling as they walked by, Brendon noticed a few guys waving at him.

It was weird receiving all the positive attention. Brendon never thought he'd be that person getting flirty stares from strangers. At some point, a guy came up to Brendon and asked for his number. That was the moment Brendon remembered that even if he had the attention, his social skills were still almost nonexistent.

"He's not interested," Ryan spoke for him. Brendon blushed when Ryan wrapped around his waist, pulling him close. "So beat it." The man scowled at Ryan before stalking off. Brendon looked up to see Ryan glaring at the guy.

"Jealous," Brendon teased. Ryan jumped at the accusation.

"What? No. I just – He was a creep and I – uh." Brendon smirked at Ryan's stuttering. "Let's go," he muttered and grabbed Brendon's hand, locking their fingers tightly. Brendon felt oldly proud at himself for being able to get Ryan flustered and jealous so easily. He didn't really do anything, but Ryan now scowling at people who looked in their direction all because of him.

---

A/N:

I think it's funny when people try to verbally hurt me like "you're useless" and "no one loves you" I just laugh
"bitch I know" lol dude I got depression, anxiety, and other disorders. I guarantee that anything you try to say to me I've already said to myself a million times. Gotta do better than my demons if you wanna hurt me lol