Birthday Celebration/Dare 11 - R

Brendon was smiling, face slightly flushed as the waiting staff slowly made their way to his dinner table. Their waiter led the staff, holding a plate with a brownie slice and a scoop of ice cream.

Patrick, Pete and Ryan joined in on singing happy birthday as the plate when set in front of Brendon. Under the table what people couldn't see was Ryan holding Brendon's hand, squeezing as the song came to an end. There was an applause from the people near his table before the staff went back to work and customers went back to their own meals.

"Happy birthday B," Pete said with a large smile.

"Happy 18th," Patrick followed. Ryan squeezed his hand again, watching the boy smile down at his dessert.

"Happy birthday, Bren," Ryan whispered just loud enough for Brendon to hear. The four lightly chatted as Brendon ate through his dessert. The three would throw Brendon occasional smiles, glad to see Brendon looking happy.

After Pete paid the bill, they went out to their cars. Pete was more reluctant to go to his car as Brendon planned to ride with Ryan.

"Are you sure you don't wanna go back to my place to watch a movie?" Pete tried to give his best puppy dog eyes in hopes of persuading his friend.

"Not tonight buddy," Brendon responded with an amused chuckle. "Thanks again for the birthday dinner. It was amazing as always." Pete mumbled a soft 'whatever' as Patrick dragged him to the car, waving goodbye.

Ryan and Brendon got into his car, instantly holding hands when Ryan started driving down to road.

"Are you gonna take me home?" Ryan gave him a sheepish smile.

"I was actually hoping you could come over to my place for a bit, if that's okay with you." Brendon bit his lip to contain his excitement.

"I can go over," Brendon said with a nod. The rest of the drive went by quickly and soon Ryan was pulling Brendon to his room. "What's the hurry?"

Ryan sat Brendon on the bed and started moving around the room with a confused look on his face. Brendon started patiently as Ryan was moving things around, opening drawers, searching his closet.

"What are you looking for?" Ryan stood in the middle of the room, scratching his head.

"It was here this morning." Brendon scanned the room, looking for the unknown item. "Oh!" Brendon jumped at the sudden shout. Ryan rushed over to his bed and pushed his pillows aside, revealing a thin rectangular item wrapped in birthday themed paper.

"What's that?" Ryan grabbed it and handed it over to Brendon. He sat beside the boy, anxious for his reaction. Brendon eyed the other for a second before carefully ripping away the wrapping.

His mouth dropped open as a strip revealed a portion of an orange hat and grey hair. A few words in a few different colors peaked out from behind the wrapper. A silver seal sat on top of a checker board pattern scarf that Brendon remembered from years ago.

"You didn't," he breathed in disbelief. More hastily he tore away the paper, uncovering his favorite childhood book. His fingers skimmed over the old lady's mouth containing a small fly.

"Do you like it?"

"Like it," Brendon practically scoffed. "I love it." Ryan smiled, enjoying the excitement radiating off Brendon. The hoy set the book aside and launched forward to wrap his arms around Ryan. The older reacted just quick enough not to get pushed down. He reciprocated the hug, squeezing Brendon affectionately. "Thank you."

"Wait," Ryan pulled away. "I got something else for you. Wait right here." Before Brendon could respond, the boy was up and out the door.

He turned his attention to his present, smile stretching from ear to ear. He carefully opened it up and marveled at the nostalgic feeling he got from looking at the old illustrations.

Not long after, the lights went out causing Brendon to snap his head up. Ryan was slowly walking forward, holding a cake in his hands with lit candles sticking out the top. He was smooth as he sang softly and slowly to Brendon.

"Happy birthday to you." Brendon felt his heart skip a beat at the sight. "Happy birthday to you." Ryan cautiously sat on the bed, facing Brendon. "Happy birthday to Brendon." He gently set the cake between them. "Happy birthday to you."

The pair resituated themselves so they were cross legged, facing each other. With the light from the candles, Ryan could see Brendon still smiling brightly. There was a twinkle in the boy's eye that Ryan was lucky enough to see when the flames danced at just the right angle.

"Did you make this for me?" Ryan nodded slowly, glad the dim light made it hard to see his pink cheeks.

"Make a wish," Ryan whispered. He watched Brendon close his eyes, lips barely moving before he leaned forward and blew out the candles. There was enough moonlight coming from the window for Ryan to make out Brendon's silhouette still leaned forward. He took breath before moving in closer to Brendon.

His heart was beating quickly when he was hovering just over Brendon's mouth. He could feel the other's breath against his lips. He could barely see Brendon's eyes, but knew they were staring back at him.

"Dare you to stay with me tonight," he whispered softly. Brendon nodded subtly.

"Okay." They leaned forward together, sealing their lips. The touch was soft and caring. They moved slowly against each other, their bodies buzzing with excitement from the small action. Ryan's heart just about burst with emotion he couldn't completely explain when he felt Brendon smile against him. All he knew was that he never wanted to let Brendon go.

---

A/N:

No one asked but I finished paying off my car today! After two years of working my ass off and telling people off who think "my daddy bought me a car", I now have the title to my baby! His name is Pete, he is a mustang convertible and he's officially all mine!