Day 8 - B

Brendon was standing at the counter of the ice cream shop, admiring his outfit. As much as he didn't like that Ryan paid an arm and a leg on his clothes, he was in love with it. He subconsciously fiddled with zipper as he waited.

"Order 78." Brendon snapped back to reality as an employee called his number. He smiled at the boy when he was handed two large milkshakes and two straws.

"Thanks," he said softly.

"It's no problem." The boy reciprocated the friendly smile and even added a wink before Brendon turned to walk away. He'd been getting more attention lately and it was a bit unsettling. He didn't think many guys would be so forward with showing their interest.

He weaved around tables, approaching the one Ryan managed to find on the edge of the busy foodcourt. He slowed to a stop when he spotted a girl occupying his seat across from Ryan.

Brendon wanted to scoff at her trampy outfit that nearly had her ass hanging out and boobs suffocating in an impossibly tight shirt. If her clothes didn't scream desperation, watching her try to reach over the table to grab Ryan's hand while the boy continued to pull away would've been signal enough.

"Come on. I know I can show you a good time," Brendon heard as he decided to get closer. He cringed at how obnoxiously loud she was smacking on her gum.

"I already told you, I'm here with someone else." Ryan sounded annoyed at the persistence of the slut in front of him.

"I don't see her around. Just you and me," she flirted. Brendon's felt jealousy buzzing in his body, clouding his judgment.

"Hey," he called to her. The girl startled as she turned to see Brendon standing by the table. "Now you see him." The girl frowned up at Brendon and turned back to Ryan with a smirk.

"This is who you're with? Sweetie, you can do better than that."

"Hey bitch, how about you get out of my seat and fuck off." That got the girl's attention a lot better. She got to her feet, scowling.

"Think you can offer him more than I can?"

"Oh honey, everyone in this mall can see what you're offering and by the looks of it no one wants what you're selling. So get the fuck out of here and leave my date alone." Brendon didn't even give himself the chance to be embarrassed by his wording. He wasn't even sure if this was an official date, he just wanted the whore gone.

Before Brendon could react, the bitch grabbed the wad of gum from her mouth and pushed it into the opening of the milkshake lid. The pink glob sunk slowly into the whipped cream, contaminating the drink. She gave Brendon as smug smile and rose a challenging eyebrow. Ryan was silent in his seat, too shocked to do anything.

Brendon calmly set down the untouched milkshake and straws. He turned back to the girl with an eerily calm smile. He pulled the lid off and tipped the cup over the girl's terribly dyed hair. The shake slipped out and landed messily over her head, dripping down to her shirt.

"You piece of shit," she screamed. Her hands were up, uselessly trying to catch the melting drink as she hurried off to the bathrooms. Brendon watched her leave until she was out of sight.

"Brendon, are you okay?" Ryan was now quick to his side. "Sorry, she just wouldn't leave. I can't believe you did that. That was fucking awesome." He helped Brendon into his seat, wearing a proud smile that quickly went away. "Shit, your milkshake. I'll go get you a new one."

Brendon looked down at the floor where pieces of peanutbutter chunks fell. He pouted for a moment, upset that he didn't get to enjoy it. An idea popped into his head and he grabbed Ryan's arm before he got too far.

"No, no. It's okay." Ryan turned to him confused.

"But you lost your milkshake cause of that chick. You were really excited about it. The least I can do is replace it." Brendon smiled and shook his head.

"It's fine. It's too much sugar for me anyway. I'll be wired for the rest if the day and drive people crazy. Besides," Brendon smirked. "You still have your milkshake." Ryan sat down and rose a curious eyebrow. "And we have two straws." Ryan chuckled and shook his head slightly.

"If I didn't know any better, I'd say you planned this whole thing out just to have my milkshake." Brendon let out an exaggerated scoff.

"Puh-lease, peanutbutter is better than cookies and cream. I wouldn't sacrifice that taste of heaven so easily." Ryan smiled and stuck the straws into the milkshake. He leaned in to take a drink before Brendon pushed him gently.

"Wait!"

"What?"

"I get to eat the whipped cream," Brendon said as he pulled the drink closer to him.

"What? No way," Ryan protested and reached over to get back the cup with an amused laugh. "Give it back."

"I dare you to let me have the whipped cream." Ryan sat back in his seat with a fake pout.

"Fine, but next time you need to get me extra whipped cream to make up for it." Brendon beamed as he ate through the cream while sipping at the milkshake. He was never really a fan of cookies and cream, but sharing with Ryan gave him a whole new perspective.

---

A/N:

Why do I feel like it's been forever since I updated?? I should be going back to daily updates, might even double update soon to make up for the last few days we'll see ¯\_(ツ)_/¯