Confession

"How do you feel about me?" Brendon could hear his heart beating loudly in his ears, he wasn't even sure he'd be able to hear Ryan's answer. Why couldn't he stop shaking? This wasn't a big deal. Who cares if Ryan didn't want to be in a serious relationship? Pfft. He sure didn't...

Oh who the fuck was he trying to kid? He cared and he cared a lot. He wanted to be able to call Ryan his own and shove it in those people's face who said he meant nothing to the boy. But he wouldn't be able to handle being around Ryan anymore if he was rejected. This was spiking his anxiety through the roof.

"Bren," Ryan spoke softly, taking notice at how Brendon was trembling. Brendon turned away, bracing himself for the worse. Ryan eyed the boy, worried about his shaking. Brendon didn't move to look at Ryan. "Brendon."

"You don't have to sugar coat it. You can tell me straight out," Brendon tried to say in a confident voice, but it came out unsteady and breathy. He felt pathetic by his lack of confidence. He wasn't expecting to behave this badly before he even got an answer. Maybe it was the location driving up his anxiety. He didn't have a good history in the locker room.

Ryan moved off the bench and kneeled in front of Brendon, forcing his way into the other's line of sight. He took the nervous boy's hands in his own, staring into his chocolate eyes. He could see Brendon's eyes shifted back and forth between his own.

Things weren't getting better the longer Ryan watched him without saying anything. He was sure Ryan had at least some feelings for him after all the time they spent together but his mind was overthinking, filling him with doubt.

"Please say something," he whispered, the silence slowly eating him alive. Ryan let out a small chuckle. He brought Brendon's hands to his lips and gently kiss them. Brendon squeezed the other's hands, calming down at the touch.

"Brendon," Ryan started, teasing by delaying his response.

"Yes?" Ryan smiled up at the boy. His chest warmed as he intertwined their fingers. He wasn't ready to tell Brendon that he actually loved him yet and Brendon probably wouldn't be able to handle that confession right now. Ryan let out a calming breath.

"Will you be my boyfriend?" Brendon tensed at the question. His eyes widened in shock. It took too long for the question to fully process in his mind.

Ryan was asking for a relationship! He actually wanted the same thing as Brendon. This was his chance to actually get something he wanted. A smile spread over his face as he nodded his head quickly.

Ryan leaned up and took Brendon's face in his hands. Brendon willing let himself be pulled forward into a deep kiss. He giggled against Ryan's lips, loving the feeling of the boy's smile against his own.

"You better not be messing with me," Brendon said as he leaned into Ryan's touch.

"Wouldn't dream of it." Brendon turned his head to kiss Ryan's palm before looking back at Ryan.

"Good." Ryan couldn't stop his smile from growing as he leaned in for another kiss. The two didn't realize how happy they could actually be, but in this moment it was like there was nothing in the world that could bring them down.

---

A/N:

Hey guys! Back with a small update and..

𝐴 𝑟𝑒𝑚𝑖𝑛𝑑𝑒𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑖𝑚𝑝𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑎𝑛𝑡, 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒𝑑 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑡ℎ𝑦 ❤

Thanks for reading! Love you vros ❤

~𝐽𝑎𝑦