Chapter#8. "In My Mind."

*****************

"If you ask me how many times you've crossed my mind, I would say once, because you never left."

*****************

Anaar POV:

*One week later*

I and Sarah again went shopping as last time we didn't even buy a single thing. As like before Aurang dropped us at the mall. I was too angry with him because of what I saw last time but it's none of my business with whom he roams around or not. Who am I to stop him and who I to judge him? He has his own life. I tried my best to ignore him but he would ask something and I would end up giving him a reply because it's rude to be rude isn't? it.

I was angry with him, was ignoring him but whenever he stared at me I went deep into his ocean eyes. He was someone different. of course, he was like the other boys flirty and time passed but he was something attractive, something catching and I'm sure everyone feels this way about him. I'm not the one only. It can be seen in his lady friends. I rolled my eyes at this thought.

After shopping with Sarah I felt tired because we roamed into hundreds of shops but did so little shopping. Sarah was just like me in choosing stuff for herself while shopping. I'm so observant and check each stuff a hundred times if it's worth it or not, So was Sarah.

I jumped onto my bed and gazed at the ceiling. Thoughts of Aurang came up in my mind and I started to blush. I sat up suddenly on my bed and looked at the mirror in front of me. My face was beet red. I held my face in my palms as I felt the heat rushing through it.

'Oh, God! What is this? Why is my heart racing so fast? I'm just thinking of him and his thinking is making me blush? Why are you thinking about him stupid? He must be having someone in his life. A guy like him would not be single. Of course, he's not single. Have you not seen girls around him. Still, do you think he's different? huh!' I greeted my teeth, But why does it concern me? I don't damn care.

'Just do whatever you wanna do, just hang out with whom you want Aurang Faisal!!" I slowly smacked my face once, twice as I thought of it.

I leaned my arms on my legs and buried my face in them. As I was whispering hard at the same time.

"Stop it! Stop it, stop now you sickening thoughts get away from me." I cried in annoyance.

*****************

*Next day*

I was making coffee for myself in the kitchen when I saw mom coming toward me. "Salam mom! Want some coffee?"

She shook her head negative and said, " Wasalam! Baita calls Sarah and invites her and her family over for dinner. I have called Sobia and invited her but you should also tell Sarah about this."

"Okay, sure! When are they coming?"

"Sobia said she is not free for the next Coming week so I decided to invite them today." Mom said.

"Isn't this too early? Like we need to buy some groceries. Nothing is in the kitchen. What would we serve for dinner mom?" I explained to her in a 'are you serious?' look.

"Go with your Baba to the grocery store now and buy whatever is needed. It's still noon. Remember you are going to cook all dishes okay?" She ordered me.

I let out a defeated sigh." Okay, boss! Anything else?"

She laughed at my expressions and said, "No nothing else dear." I smiled at her.

It sounded exciting. A sudden urge to see Aurang came up to me but I thought to myself, "He would not come for the dinner because he doesn't like gatherings as Sarah told me about it." I let out a sigh but then I quickly slap my thoughts, 'Thank God he's not coming. I should be thankful.' I rolled my eyes and went to my room.

*****************

*4 hours later*

I was busy making dinner for the guests coming over. Whenever guests comes to our home Mom would ask me to cook meals for them because according to her my cooking is delicious.

I finished cooking meals and headed toward my room to change my clothes and freshen up myself. Because I was looking like a mess. I wore a light pink dress with a net pink dupatta. I brushed my hair and wore some make-up with tinted pink lipstick. I was ready in fifteen minutes.

I walked towards the lounge where Baba was watching T.V.

"Come on Baba. Change the news channel. It's going to make you mad. That's their work. Change into some good." I sounded pissed and Baba laughed at me.

"You're right baita. But I'm addicted to it now. Hold this remote and watch whatever you want to watch. I'm coming in five minutes and then you have to give me back the remote do you get it?" He spoke devilishly and funny. I laughed at him.

After twenty to thirty minutes I heard a bell ringing."They must be Sarah's family." I thought to myself. I was too excited for Sarah to meet her. I rushed towards the door to open the door.

As I opened the door, I saw Sobia Auntie and Sarah standing in front of the door while Sarah was holding a box of I don't know something. I made a way for them as I said,

"AOA! Come inside. You're welcome here." I welcomed them with a warm smile. They entered and greeted me and went towards Mom to meet her who was standing in the hallway.

I don't know but I felt disappointed not to see Aurang here. I knew he would not come but I hoped for him to come. I sigh in disappointment.

I was about to close the door when someone from the other side of the door pushed the door towards me. Sudden terror enveloped me as I peeked at the other side of the door to see who it was.

*****************

Huma Khan<3

Please do vote, press the ⭐ below, thank you :)