Chapter#18. "Hate Me But Don't Ignore Me"

*************************

"You can ignore someone, but you can never change the memories they brought into your life."

*************************

Aurang POV:

*Two Days later*

I don't know what just happened to Anaar. She was alright and was confessing her feelings to me. But what just happened suddenly that she has to turn back. Does she think I'm not serious with her? Why would she think that so. I think I madw hwe believe that I like her. I was fighting with my inner self. Angry and curious at the same time.

It was the day for the trip. I was not sure of Anaar accompanying us or not. I didn't ask Sarah about it also as I just don't want to make her upset if she would say no. So I just kept quiet. Inner me was somewhat giving me hopes of her coming with us to the trip.

I got ready. Packed my bags and sat in the lounge waiting for the rest. I took out my phone to check if in case Anaar has texted me but as usual no. I sighed in discouragement. I leaned my head on the couch headrest while I was gazing at the ceiling above. The thoughts of Anaar were not leaving me.

I heard some footsteps coming near me. I didn't look that way as I thought it must be anyone of our family. Sarah sat next to me and patted my shoulder.

"Ready you superman?" I nodded while still looking at the ceiling.

"Aashir come hurry up yaar! We are getting late." Sarah shouted at Aashir.

"Come Anaar sit until Aashir comes. He take such a long time getting ready so don't tire yourself." As Sarah said these words my eyes snapped towards the figure directly and saw Anaar standing beside the door. I was shocked and happy at the same time. Smile automatically appeared on my face as I saw her. She looked at me for about two seconds and lowered her gaze and sat on the sofa in front of mine.

My gaze was fixed on her. I didn't move an inch. She was looking so beautiful with dark blue color dress and sneakers and was wearing red color hand bag. Her hairs were covered with a hijab and I loved it.  She was looking amazing and innocent.

  She was looking amazing and innocent

*∆Anaar's Outfit∆*

I just stared at her the whole time not caring that Sarah is sitting beside me. Anaar was not looking at me. She was continuously looking at her lap. She picked again and again her phone just to unlock the screen and then lock it again. I knew she was confused and nervous. But why is she not looking at me for once. I felt disappointed.

Sarah patted my shoulder as she wanted to say something. I faced Sarah who was looking at me with an eyebrow raised.

"What?" I asked her while narrowing my eyes at her.

"Stop that you're going to eat her." She whispered low not loud enough to be heard by Anaar.

I faced Anaar again as I smirked.

"Do you like her by any chance? I always see you smiling while she is around." She whispered again. I just smiled at her and didn't answer her.

"Smile huh?" She teased. "Okay we'll talk about it later." She said and I nodded.

At last Aashir came and we headed towards the Jeep. Mom and Baba were already standing there waiting for us.

"Come on Bacho. We are already late. Aurang take the keys. You have to drive okay?" Baba ordered and I nodded.

We all sat in the jeep. Baba sat beside me in the passenger seat. Unfortunately Anaar sat just at the backside of Baba. I could not see her clearly from the rearview mirror. Smile started to form on my face as I remembered that day when I was about to hit the car. I was so lost in those pair of brown eyes that made me forget everything.

"So Baba where we are actually going?" I asked Baba.

"Are you kidding me? We have already planned and you don't know about it. Good boy you are growing so fast." Aashir mocked at me. I laughed at him.

"I was not interested that's why. So tell me where should I head up to?" I asked again.

"We are going to Kashmir." Sarah said this time.

"It's just a very long drive. Aashir you have to help me in driving." He nodded.

After few hours of drive we reached for one restaurant to eat something. It was quite a long journey. So we have to take a rest a little bit. With all these hours of driving I didn't see Anaar too much. I turned back pretending to ask the rest of the three something but I actually wanted to see Anaar. But she didn't looked at me once. Is she ignoring me my inner voice said. I was so angry while driving that I didn't noticed I was driving off the limits. Baba told me to slow down and that's when I thought I was acting weird and decided to take a rest for a while.

It was 12 in the noon as we were doing lunch at the local restaurant. At lunch Anaar was sitting in a position where I can't see her clearly. I had to bend my head forward to see her. And again she was ignoring. I got frustrated. I got up from my chair and left the food in between. I was about to go as Mom stopped me.

"Where are you going baita? You have not eaten much."

"I'm full Mom. I just want to take fresh air. You enjoy." I assured her as I was looking at Anaar while saying this but she didn't care an inch.

Why does it hurt so much? Why do I want her attention? Why can't I just stop thinking about her? This is too much I just want to calm my heart from these thoughts. Why am I only the one who's suffering? She just don't care about me, about us, about what's between us.

I walked out to calm myself as I was too angry and hurt and can't control anymore the hell what's going on in my mind. I was really going to punch someone if they come in my way. After few minutes I calmed myself and saw my family coming towards me. I saw Anaar still looking downward. What the hell has happened to her. I clenched my jaw as I rubbed it.

I was snapped in my thoughts as Aashir asked, "Give me the keys I'll drive now." I handed him over the keys and sat at the back where Aashir was sitting earlier. From here I can see Anaar clearly.

One hour had passed but She didn't looked back at me. Frustrated from her behavior and by my anger and curiosity I took out my phone and started to text her.

"Why the hell are you ignoring me?" I pressed the send button. I saw her phone beeped. She took it out and saw the message she startled for a moment but then she locked her phone and kept it in her lap.

I typed again, "Please Anaar! Don't do this to me. Just look at me once."

She opened her phone again and saw the text.

No reply.

"What have I done. I'm sorry if I have hurt you. I'm just sorry."

No reply.

Anger fume in me as I saw her switching her phone off. Why the heck is she acting so weird. I didn't know what to do so I lay down on the chair as to calm myself. And soon I drifted off to sleep.

***************************

Ajwa Khan<3

kindly do support me by pressing the vote button, it means a lot.