chapter 31

"This child will get the first gift of the night." Santa declared. Everyone cheered as elves picked Ash and Pikachu up and carried them to the sleigh.

    Ash set next to Santa as Pikachu sat on his lap.Isn't that cute? (Clears throat.) Sorry.

    "Now what do you want for Christmas? " Santa asked.

   Ash and Pikachu looked at each other for a long time before answering. They whispered it into his ear.

   "You may keep it then."

   Ash smiled as Pikachu yelled in joy. "Thanks."

   They walked over to the other kids and watched as Santa left the North Pole on his Sleigh.

    After the long ride they finally were in Pallet Town..

    "Can we see the bell? " Elli asked happily.

   Ash nodded and reached into his pocket. But felt nothing..."Its not here." He checks his other pocket.

   "Well lets look for it."

   The horn rings.Meaning they're at Pallet Town. "We're too late."

    "Its alright..."

    Bonnie walked up to Ash, Elli, Pikachu, and Flabébé. "Thank you...maybe we can see each other again."

    Elli stood up and gave Bonnie a hug. "Merry Christmas Bonnie." Ash says as he gives her a hug.

   "You too! "

     Bonnie walks off as the Conductress talks to her. She runs into her house with a happy look on her face.

    Elli smiled as Bonnie emerged from the door with the present in her hands. The train started to roll away.

    Aver a few minutes they stopped at Ash's house. After saying bye to everyone Ash and Pikachu stepped off the train.

    "Now don't forget to about this.And Merry Christmas." The Conductress shakes his hands and signals the train to move.

    Ash walked into his house and saw no presents under the tree. "Merry Christmas!! " He heard the Conductress yell.

     "Even though the bell is gone. We still know he's real." Ash says to Pikachu as they crept into bed.

    Pikachu nods sleepishly and falls asleep.

   Christmas Day.....

   "Ash Pikachu!!!Its Christmas!! " His mom yelled from downstairs. "Alright! "

     "Morning Pikachu.." Ash said rubbing his eyes. Pikachu licked his cheek and stood by the door.

   "I'm coming I'm coming." Ash reassured and walked downstairs where his mom and Mr.Mime were.

      "What are you waiting for? Open up the presents!! "

     After they were sure all the presents were opened Mr.Mime found a small present hidden in the tree.

     "Mime." It called as it handed the present to Ash. "Thanks."

   He unwrapped the box and saw the very same bell. "Look! " He shook the bell and heard its jingle.

       "Its beautiful. " Ash handed it to his mom. Who shook it.

   "It's broken.Sorry Ash.." She handed it back to him and left to make breakfast.

    Ash knew why his mom didn't hear the bell.Even Mr.Mime found one morning when he couldn't hear it.

     But Ash and Pikachu were always able to hear it.

   Elli's p.o.v (Its been a long time.)

I opened my eyes and saw I was in a hospital room. Next to me was Bonnie, Ash, and Clemont in beds.

      Flabébé was flying around not noticing I was awake. "Flabébé? " I asked softly.

    It perked up and flew over to hug me. I chuckled as I hugged it back. "What happened? "

    Ash woke up rubbing his head. "I don't know..." I replied as Pikachu jumped onto Ash so happy.

     Clemont and Bonnie woke up a few minutes later. "Why did Onix want you again? " Ash asked remembering what had happened.

      My eyes widened as I tried to wrap my brain around the question."I I don't remember." I muttered.

   The sound of a door opening came.We all turned our heads and saw Nurse Joy, Gardevoir, and Serena come in.

     "Gardevoir!! " I yelled as she ran over and hugged me. "Your awake! " Serena exclaimed as she hugged all of us.

     "What day is today? " Clemont asked putting on his glasses. "Today is December 29th -"

  "WHAT!?!?!" We all yelled.

   "We've been asleep for five days!!?" Bonnie yelped.

  "Almost everyone got out unharmed." Nurse Joy informs us.

   "What do you -" I stop myself when I sat up.

  "What's wrong? " Bonnie asked walking over.

    I lifted my bed covers,everyone except Nurse Joy, Serena, and Gardevoir gasped. "Officer Jenny told me. After you fainted, rocks fell from the ceiling.Possibly because of how Onix was thrashing around.They all fell onto you.Most broke your leg so bad..we had to do it."

      I drop my right foot to the ground. Then my other leg. Which revealed my left foot gone. (Imagine Hiccup's iron thingie.)

     "I'm sorry Elli." Serena says helping me stand up. Moving around was really hard...

   "I'll be fine guys." Getting out of Serena's grip I tried to walk on my own. But fell back onto the bed instead.

    "Everyone heard about the Onix situation ...they brought food and small gifts sometimes." Serena says.

    Everyone looked at me like I was a lost puppy. I hated that.

   "I think its time for you to eat...right this way." Nurse Joy led us to the Cafeteria...I only picked at my food while everyone ate.

      We were soon back into a guest room at the Pokemon Center. It was surrounded by small gifts. Nurse Joy wasn't kidding about people stopping by.

     Everyone was silent. "Why are you acting like that?" I asked softly.

    "You lost your leg..." Ash said walking over.

    "Well I'm not acting like it. Losing a leg is better than losing a life." I could tell they were savoring what I said..they had an inspired look on their faces.

    Flabébé flew over and landed on my cheek. It started to lick me. "Goodnight guys.." Ash fell onto his bed without another word.

    Everyone said goodnight and fell asleep.