Chapter 41

Chapter 41: Our Cooperation Will Come to an End

Yan Hua stands by the window in the ward. Seeing Lang Ruoxian coming in, she points to the sofa and says, "Sit down, please."

Her attitude is alienated and indifferent.

"It seems that you have figured it out." Lang Ruoxian doesn't sit down but stands a few steps away from her. He feels that he will not like what Yan Hua is going to say next.

They look at each other. Yan Hua's calmness makes Lang Ruoxian panic.

"I don't remember who I am or what happened to me." Yan Hua says, "Two years ago, I was found in the mountain with injuries all over my body. When I woke up, I thought I should have a home and they would come to look for me..."

She encountered an accident alone in a foreign country. But nobody came to see her in such a well-developed information age.

"But a month passed and nobody came to find me." Yan Hua smiles and says, "I think I am an orphan, or... someone doesn't want to find me."

Lang Ruoxian frowns and says, "I promise you to help you find your family, I will keep my promise."

"I know." Yan Hua looks at him, "I also believe that I have a family and my family members are also looking for me."

She pauses and continues to say, "I want to tell you that I didn't want to die when I didn't know who I was, and I didn't want to die when I was inexplicably pregnant."

"Watching my stomach grow bigger day by day, I felt that the little life was of great importance to my life. I knew that I would not be alone anymore, I would be responsible for him and I would bring him up."

"I have never complained or resented being involved by your family. Because I know that if you hadn't brought me into Lang Family, the child might not have been born safely."

Yan Hua's eyes gradually cool down, "Gungun is my only hope and courage to survive, he is the person who I will try my best to protect."

"I see." Lang Ruoxian takes a few steps forward to approach Yan Hua, "What do you want to do with Guo Xiaotong?"

Yan Hua is stunned and looks at him sarcastically, "Did you let out the last two thieves?"

"Yes." Lang Ruoxian is surprised that Yan Hua knows that, but there is nothing to conceal, "Two years' imprisonment is too easy for them. I sent them to the Red-light District of the Philippines and broke their legs. They can't come out for the rest of their lives."

Yan Hua's eyes shrink and then she laughs again, "This time, I don't want her to go to jail. I want her to live in panic, uneasiness and regret!"

"As you wish."

Lang Ruoxian leaves, and when he returns to the car, he receives a message from Yan Hua.

"I won't forget that you didn't save my son. But now no one can help me, you help me deal with Guo Xiaotong, I can forgive you about Gungun. From then on, we won't owe each other and our cooperation will come to an end."

The screen of his mobile phone darkens. Lang Ruoxian looks out of the window coldly, and the sunshine is mottled on the billboard beside the road. On it is the police slogan that says to cherish life and stay away from drunk driving.

Someone crossed the words of life and made it black and thick.

"It's not a good thing to be alive sometimes..." Lang Ruoxian whispers, "But who wants to die..."

People would rather live with pain and hatred. The world is so miserable that there is nowhere to go.

He Mingkai takes Guo Xiaotong's mother to the detention center. The old lady, who used to be well-dressed, bursts into tears when she sees her daughter.