Chapter 48

Chapter 48: Fei's Family Dinner Party

"Ha ha!"

Yan Hua smiles and touches the head of her chubby son, then points to Lang Ruoxian and says, "He is not your mommy but your uncle."

"Mommy!" Gungun rubs against the arms of Yan Hua.

"Yes, I am your mommy, and that is your uncle!" Yan Hua does not give up and continues to teach him.

Gungun looks up to see Lang Ruoxian, and calls him, "Mommy!"

Yan Hua is speechless.

Forget it...

"You are too anxious." Lang Ruoxian looks at the chubby meatball who is trying to climb up the table, and quietly drags a pile of small steamed buns to his own side.

While Yan Hua fetches a spoon, Gungun has already climbed up the table, and is climbing towards Lang Ruoxian.

"Gee! Gungun!" She wants to hold her son back, but Gungun is pointing at the small steamed buns and keeps humming without stop.

Lang Ruoxian doesn't wait for her reaching out and carries Gungun with his arms. He tells Yan Hua, "I have finished eating, so I can look after him."

"Mommy!" Gungun looks up and calls Lang Ruoxian.

Yan Hua has a bad feeling that maybe her son will call anyone mother.

Just then a house maid comes over with steamed egg custard. She hasn't said anything yet and Gungun is particularly pleased to call her, "Mommy!"

"Oh, dear!" The house maid smiles, "Little Master, I am not mommy but granny."

Gungun sees her laughing so happily, so he is more determined to call her Mommy. When he opens mouth to call, something sweet is fed into his mouth.

"Eyah?" He feels the taste in his mouth and his eyes slowly widen, twinkling like little stars.

Yan Hua looks nervously at Lang Ruoxian, for fear that he would feed what Gungun could not eat.

"This bean paste is made by ourselves, and Little Master can eat it." The house maid puts down the egg custard and says, "Childe Ruoxian, please let me feed him."

Lang Ruoxian smiles and says, "It OK. I will feed him."

He glances at Yan Hua again and finds her still nervous. He uses his chopsticks to dip into the bean paste of the smashed bean bun, then feeds Gungun with it.

"Oh oh!" Gungun has eaten such a sweet thing for the first time, excitedly waving his chubby arms. And he looks up to call Lang Ruoxian, "Mommy!"

Lang Ruoxian laughs in a low voice, while Yan Hua has already started to eat bird's nest soup, with one hand on her forehead. So she doesn't hear Lang Ruoxian's whispering in Gungun's ear.

"Why are you so stupid? You weren't mistakenly handed to us by the nurse when you were born, were you?"

Lang Cha is going back to the country today. He holds Gungun in regret and says, "It is a pity that I can't hear you call me great-grandpa."

"Grandpa, we shall go to see you when spring comes, then pick you up to come back together then." Yan Hua pokes her son's chubby face and says to him, "Gungun, say goodbye to great-grandpa!"

Gungun looks at his great-grandpa and suddenly plunges into his arms and rubs against him.

Lang Cha lets out of a cry of joy, and his laughing face is wrinkled. Then Gungun calls him with a cute baby voice.