♫~Notes 36~♫

Without knowing for how long, Freya drifted between nightmarish self-consciousness and fever

Without knowing for how long, Freya drifted between nightmarish self-consciousness and fever. Not a pleasant state, but in a few glimpses, it seemed somebody was with her. Their fingers gently touched her hot forehead, gave her a few sips of water, and their soothing voice drove the nightmares away.

When she woke up, she felt much better even if smelling of sweat and in a big need of a shower. With a few grunts, she sat up, finding her hair tangled up. Still sleepy, she got out, making her way into the bathroom.

There the warm water massaged her aching body, returning the life and a sense of touch into her limbs. Minutes later, she finished cleaning her body, but the smell of burn still lingered. In the mirror, she glanced her face.

The burned mark didn't hurt. It didn't change. But something was off.

'It's still painful... those memories.'

With years going by, she had hoped she had overcome this pain, and she could move on forward. She lowered her head, giving her reflection a sad smile.

'Figures, it can't be that easy.'

She put a towel around her torso, returning to the bedroom. Her old clothes were out of a question; drenched, smelly, and torn in places.

'Maybe I could borrow—'

"You are awake!" Kagetsu entered the room.

Freya twisted to face him, and redness crept onto her face as she gripped the tower around her breasts.

"Are you sure you are okay?" He came closer with a bag in his hand. "I've got you a new uniform. Are you hungry?" Kagetsu emptied the bag on the bed, chatting as if everything was normal. "Do you need anything else?"

Freya blinked at him.

"Don't worry about school. Rigaku got it covered." With no hint in his voice that something was rather embarrassing, he strode to his build-in wardrobe. "You'll need pajamas, right? Want the carrots one? No worries. I got it washed."

He flashed her a big smile. "No need to be shy. We have roughly the same size, right?" The carrots pajama ended up on the bed next to other things. Kagetsu counted on his fingers. "So, I've got you this... this... that too... pajama... underwear..."

Freya watched him as he dived into his wardrobe, finding the pack he had brought for her the last time. An innocent smile danced on his face as if he wasn't a bit uncomfortable by this situation. To tell the truth, while Freya blushed, she was curious too.

How he managed to stay calm? Was she so unattractive for him? For a long time, she didn't care if any boy saw her as a possible date. However, after spending time with the Kamini brothers, she slowly realized she couldn't live alone. Her heart yearned for friendship.

"... Oi, Freya?" He waved his hand in front of her face until she blinked. "Are you sure you are fine? You seem to be in a daze."

With a soft sigh, she pointed at herself.