♫~Notes 119~♫

"I have only a digital copy, but I remember my stories well

 "I have only a digital copy, but I remember my stories well. I still need to adjust them, but here we go."

Rigaku started from the first few chapters, letting his father to be updated. Then he told them about the last story.

"During one terrible storm, that clouds covered the sky for days, the sun had fallen on the ground. Sol, Azure, and Gloam located it, trying to return Sun back to the sky.

"But that wasn't the only problem. Sun had lost all of her sparkling sun rays. Without them, she couldn't warm up everybody. It affected Sol the most since he was watching the sun.

"His friends were more than happy to help. First, they needed to find fabulous sunbirds. The birds rumored to be born under Sun's touch. The journey took them across the rain forest and into the tallest crown of trees.

"They found only one sunbird, one that was unwilling to help. She was a mother, and her eggs needed warmth as they would hatch soon. So, the little friends tool turns in warming and protecting the eggs with Sun.

"Meanwhile, the rest built a seat for Sun to ride on sunbird. However, that was the easy part as they needed to collect her sun rays first. Gloam did his best to find them but located only a handful of them. That wasn't enough to warm the entire world.

"Sun was still very grateful to them, and before she could rise back to her place in the sky, Sol brought her sun rays in his arms. But those weren't her original rays, but his hair as he cut them to replace them.

"Everybody was shocked, but it worked, and Sun returned to the sky. The sunbird also opened her heart to them as they worked together."

Rigaku pushes up his glasses.

"I've only sketched the half of this story, but it ends with the friends heating the eggs and the bird returning for them to hatch. Sun then rises each day, and they great her."

Aiyoku gave his older brother a sly smile, knowing where he had gotten the inspiration for this story.

"I can't wait to read it!" Kagetsu fidgeted in his bed, eager to get out and stretch his body. "Oh, right!" He snapped his fingers without the sound. "What was wrong with your arm, Ri? Don't tell me you broke it!"

This time it was for Rigaku to fidget on his seat. Aiyoku scratched on his cheek, unsure if he should change the subject. Their father didn't help either of them, as his smile turned awkward too.

"I"—the oldest Kamini started, a blush creeping onto his face—"just jumped from the third floor when I've heard you had fallen into the pool. It's nothing big. I'm healing well."

The silence could be cut, but perhaps somewhere on edge, one could hear cogwheels turning in Kagetsu's brain. His eyebrows slowly rose as his eyes widened. His mind needed extra minutes to digest the information.

"Ri"—he prolonged the syllable—"you what?" He dug his hands in front of himself, leaning forward. "You could have hurt yourself! Kill even! Why did you do that?"

Rigaku turned away, ashamed. "I just... my body reacted on its own. Before I knew it, I was by the pool, losing consciousness."

Mori's word bit him once more. He needed to gather some intel regarding his insanity.

Their father had laughed softly. "I know jumping from the third floor isn't a small matter, but this reminded me so much of Kazue. She once threw herself into a river to bring a ball to a crying child. That's also how I learned about her heart condition, since she needed a few minutes to take deep breaths.

"On another occasion, she climbed a tree to free a balloon or a kitty. I think you have inherited this impulsive behavior from her. Both of you." He eyes Rigaku and Kagetsu, but his eyes trailed to Aiyoku. It was only a matter of time for the middle brother to leap into the action.

A tint of blush adorned his cheeks. "I suppose."

However, their visit had to end as the visitors' hours ended, and the nurse that went to check up on Kagetsu came. Rigaku only left the newest Kenta's poems there as he promised, and Kagetsu couldn't be happier.

Before they left, Freya ventured into the restroom, refreshing herself. Outside, Mr. Kamini waited.

"Could I please have a bit of your time, Ms. Freya-san?" He nodded his head.

With an increasing nervousness, she agreed. What could he want to know? Walking away from the main hall, they stopped by a huge window with a view into the inner garden.

'Wait, he is the one who gave them the pear, right? Can I ask him about it? But Ri said that he didn't answer any of his questions.'

The man stood there, watching outside before he turned around. "I know this must seem sudden and that you are full of questions."

Deep inside his eyes, she could see similarities with the triplets.

The old man got on his knees, bowing by touching the floor with his forehead. "No thank you can express my grateful—" He didn't get to finish the word as Freya grabbed his arm and pulled him up.

Her face became one with her hair. An awkward grin from ear to ear took over her face as her arms fenced once Mr. Kamini stood up.

More softness and kindness reflected on his features. "You are too kind."

Freya took out her phone, trying to write her thoughts, but she accepted his notebook and pen as that was faster.

"Why did you kowtowed?"

"Because you have returned them their smiles. Something I've taken away with my temerity. I never gave it a serious thought, thinking it would do no harm." He clenched his fingers, his knuckles came out.

'Is he talking about the pear? Could it be dangerous?' Rigaku's theory echoed in her mind once more. Uneasiness spread in her stomach, consuming the fluffy feeling left by an enormous boulder falling off her shoulders.

"I know I can't ask for this." The man bowed once more, but this time he didn't give Freya embarrassment. "But, please, can you watch over them for longer?"

The girl didn't need time to think about it. There was no doubt she would stay with them. With a smile, she bowed too, ensuring him his request wasn't rude.

 With a smile, she bowed too, ensuring him his request wasn't rude