♫~Notes 151~♫

Regardless of her expectations, the boys stayed with her even after the exams

Also, Nobu Mori tasted the bitter defeat once more. Rigaku investigated among the students and found out that Mori had talked shortly before the explosion with Ueno, who then dashed their way. The witnesses confirmed that Mori had a devilish smirk after that.

One girl also captured him on her selfie she took near the horse stall. He turned out blurry, but he was there. He was the only student wearing a white suit, and there was a green smudge on his sleeve too.

The people from the firework show also remembered him inspecting the roof. Claiming he was looking for his pen, he dropped there earlier.

For a smart guy, he had made the most elemental mistake by not wearing gloves when placing the firework box.

Using the connections their father had, they allowed Rigaku to see the case. Next to the photographs, and the first batch of reports from visitors, they had collected three almost perfect finger marks.

The oldest Kamini added his findings, and he accompanied the officers into the school. Mori turned white as a ghost when the police approached him to take his fingerprints. Rigaku shattered all of his arguments that Mori had to go to the station to have his finger marks taken.

However, that wasn't the biggest news of the week. Shortly after the festival, they got information Ueno wasn't only bleeding but also had a car accident. During her escape, she had left the school grounds, leaping right in front of a sports car.

The crash sent her flying, breaking almost all of her ribs and bones in her legs. The helicopter had to rush to get her in time for an operation. A few minutes later, and she could be gone forever.

Freya took this as the worst, crying and begging to see her. However, it seemed she was in too serious condition to be visited and fell into a coma. The ginger-haired girl wrote Ueno a message each day even after she got an automated reply that the number wasn't available.

Her phone died, and nobody switched it on. Her mother also didn't want to share any information. She only stated Ueno's life wasn't in immediate danger and that she was moved to a different hospital to receive better care. There wasn't a single trail of tears on her face.

Freya almost snapped at her for being heartless, but she let it be since her emotions overpowered her, sending her into another crying session. Even the cruelest mother had to have a bit of love for their daughter, right?

Freya tried to occupy her mind with different things, like visiting the farm, getting in touch with Judy Hopps, or looking for a new place to stay. Judy Hopps hoped the new Handy Cafe would open in a week or two.

Freya volunteered to work there as a part-timer, perfecting her communication skills and socialization. Kagetsu was quick to agree too, asking if they had a cute uniform to wear.