♫~Notes 67~♫

Their voices trailed off like many others until only the theater club's members remained

Their voices trailed off like many others until only the theater club's members remained. Kamini brothers with Freya joined them.

"Great job, everybody!" Sakura shouted. "I now feel very ashamed I gave in under pressure and disbanded the club even if for a few hours."

Their newest member Kaneko shone like the sun.

"But I'm happy to announce we shall continue! I already have a plan for the Summer Fest."

"Yahoo!"

"Great, Sakura-senpai!"

"We shall start preparing from the next week. I need to solve some details, but in a nutshell, I want to perform a few famous scenes from movies or books in a modern setting."

She waited for them to exchange excited murmurs.

"You are free to give your suggestions. I'll send you all the draft I've made in a few days."

The members chatted and slowly cleaned the stage, checking what they could use on their stand.

'So, even the drama club will perform.' Freya pushed a lock of hair behind her ear. 'I really should find time to visit the fest this year.'

She watched as the brothers talked with each other and how Kagetsu fist-bumped Kosuke for his smelling salt trick. The feeling of immediate separation filled her and dissipated in a matter of a second, yet it left a bitter aftertaste.

The pear flashed at the edge of her peripheral vision. She couldn't avoid it for much longer.'But what consequences it can have? I need to ask Ri!'

Her head jerked. 'Did I just... called him Ri? I think I did!' Her face flushed red, and she turned around, heading to a toilet. There she splashed water against her face.

'Cool it, girl! Everything is just like before! There is no change... except you are living with three guys who aren't complete jerks but are kind-hearted, and they don't mind you looking like a bad barbecued chicken.'

Tears sprouted from her eyes. 'Dang it!' She wiped them, but new ones kept sliding down. 'Why couldn't I remain shut-in? Why I allowed them to get closer?' Using the wash-basin as a support, she leaned forward, digging her fingers into the cold surface.

'Maybe I was tired of being alone. Perhaps I wanted to connect with somebody of my age... to feel loved again.'

Satos or Mr. Smith-san loved her, she knew that much. The same went for her uncle's family. Their love made her happy and brightened her day. However, that wasn't a love she might have been searching for.

'Could I be searching for... a soulmate? A friend?'

The thought made her look away from the mirror. She had enough of tears. Looking at them reminded her of the burning pain.