III. Help!

Athena

I was grateful my parents didn't bring the marriage subject last evening, and I happily avoided them for the rest of the evening. My siblings, though, didn't know what happened. They tried to hunt for the sudden silence between me and our parents. Even if they somehow found out the truth, there's nothing they could do about it. I wish my life was uncomplicated. I pursed my lips.

My phone went off, breaking my chain of thought, I noticed it was Ruby. I answered the call immediately and was met with her loud, interrogating voice. "Athena! How could you not tell this earlier?" she bellowed.

I pulled the phone away from my ear. Man, she was yelling so loudly that I thought I might go deaf. "Calm down Ru, I'm not gonna die or anything," I said rolling my eyes, mentally cursing Derek. I told that idiot not to tell her before I could explain it myself. Gosh, I need to stop sharing my secrets with him. That idiot can't shut his big mouth.

"Tsk, but still you could've told me earlier instead of that donkey Derek." I could imagine her rolling her eyes.

"I was planning to call you. Now, listen, I need your help. I'm coming to France." I announced right away.

The line went silent for a few moments before she squealed, "OMG! Girl! When are you coming? How long are you going to stay?"

I chuckled at her silliness " Probably next week, the sooner the better. I have to do it without raising any suspicions. I don't want my family to figure out what I am planning before I can do it." I hushed as I walked over to my door to close it after checking the coast was clear.

"Ya, what should I do? What about your studies?" she quizzed.

"I'll tell you everything once I get there. Till then can you find an apartment for me to live in. I don't mind even if it's small."

I could've bought an apartment easily, but if I use my debit card, Dad would be notified about my transaction. I will have to use my money carefully to buy the required stuff this whole week. I have my account which isn't linked to dad's, but it only has the money for my college fund.

"Don't worry you can stay with me and trust me I need a roomie, the boredom is killing me," she whined

"I really appreciate that Ruby, you're the best" I stated gleefully, I feel so thankful to such great friends who'd always help me no matter what the situation is.

"Aww, you too sis!" she cooed, making me chuckle. 

I heard a knock on my door, shit! Who's here now?

"Talk to you later, someone's here" I whispered and hung up quickly before walking over to the door. The knocking continued as if the person was running out of patience.

Thinking it's one of my annoying siblings, I opened the door and yelled without looking at who it was "What the heck do you want?"

When I didn't hear any answer, I looked up and paled when I saw a pissed off man, who is none other than my dad. Shit!

I mustered a sweet smile "Hey, Daddy! What a surprise. I'm sorry I thought it was Asher or Alex. Do you want something, Dad?" I gave a nervous laugh as I calmed myself.

Shit! He's going to yell at me.

I saw him close his eyes while breathing in, his jaws clenched. Oh lord, he is furious, I gulped in fright. His eyes opened, it was blank, no traces of emotions to be seen. 

"Starting tomorrow, you will be training in my office. It's an order and nonnegotiable. Now come down for lunch." He stated sternly.

"Umm, okay Dad. I'll be there in a minute." I gave him a gentle smile and closed the door as soon as he left.