XIX: Splash!

Athena

The maddening sound of my stupid alarm clock entered my ears making me cover my head with the pillow hoping to get some peaceful sleep. After few moments, the screeching stopped.

I sighed in relief, snuggling into the pillow.

Suddenly the screeching sound started, I jolted up from my bed and took the stupid device removing its battery and throwing it aside.

"Who the hell invented such an evil thing? Disordering everyone's sleep. This should be banned!" I grumbled, glaring at that evil thing which now lay on the floor.

I was about to go back to sleep by my door opened "Wake up, it's almost seven" Ruby announced

"More ten minutes!" I whined

"No no! Wake up" Ruby is acting like my mother again.

"Noooooo!" I'm the baby of our gang. Always pampered by everyone no wonder I became like this.

"Just few more hours then we can Enjoy the rest of the day as it's weekend tomorrow's"

I sighed heavily, she's got a point.

Just one day!

I got up and climbed of the bed, literally dragging my lazy ass to the bathroom. After taking a lazy shower i changed into my clothes.

I tied my hair in a messy bun and left my face without make up just some cherry lip balm.

Grabbing the toast and orange juice from the counter I left the apartment.

As soon I stepped outside I shivered under the cold weather, the cold wind made me pull my Jacket closer hoping to get some warmth. Winter is approaching.

I really need to buy a car at the same time I don't have enough money and devil boss ruined my favourite bike. My baby! It's lying in the garage and they said it's beyond repair.

Anger boiled within me, thinking about his doings. I have to get back at him but how?

Wait for some time! Don't rush things! First get your salary then let's see!

I nodded at my conscience.

Walking through the footpath, I made my way to the tram stop. My eyes widened when I noticed the tram leaving.

Shit! I'm gonna be late.

Clutching my shoulder bag tightly, I hurried towards it "Wait!" I tried to call out but the tram moved away fast. I stopped running to catch my breath regretting not attending PE classes.

Why am I not athletic?

Urgh!

Now how will I go?

I turned around to leave; a car zoomed past me splashing the water from the puddle all over me.