XV. Monday!

Athena

Monday arrived sooner than I wanted. How am I going to face my boss today? Shit, I got drunk and don't remember what all I spurted out. I'm sure whatever came from my mouth wasn't good. He's going to kill me!

I do not know what I did, and Ruby wasn't willing to spill the beans. Was it that horrible? Oh my God, please save me from the wrath of the green-eyed devil. I promise to be a nice girl from now onwards.

I prayed and headed towards the bathroom to do my morning routine. Afterwards, I changed into a peach tight fitted dress, which unintentionally accentuates my curves a lot. I looked at the mirror. Na! It's too vulgar.

I went back to my closet and wore a red pencil skirt and a white blouse, along with a red blazer and white heels. Then I pulled my hair into a tight bun. I wanted to look as professional as possible.

I wore my rose gold Rolex that my mum gifted me when I turned eighteen. I miss my family. I glanced at the family picture on the dresser. We looked so happy but I have to sacrifice to get something.

I blinked away the tears and took my brown sling bag and paper bag which contains my special blueberry muffins. I hope he likes it. I walked towards my office after locking the door. On the way, I bought coffee for me and my boss.

I stepped into the building and after leaving my stuff at my cabin I went towards his office. I was about to knock "Come in miss walker!" How did he know it's me?

I opened the door and walked in wearing a huge smile, I should pretend and be nice as possible. "Good morning Mr King," I said politely, giving a small smile.

He nodded and turned the page of the file he was reading. I pouted, he should've said at least 'morning' if it isn't good for him. Calm down bitch! What happened to the bar scenario?

I nodded at my conscience. You got a point!

I placed the coffee and muffin on his desk before stepping back waiting like a slave to be commanded by his master. He didn't seem to give me any instructions for the next few minutes.

I cleared my throat as I lost my patience standing like a statue. "What?"

"I'm sorry sir," I whispered

He closed his file abruptly and threw it on the desk. Did I do something wrong?

He looked up with that piercing gaze, my heart rate spiked as I gulped. "Brief me with my schedule." He stated sternly, Huh! did he forgive me?

I shrugged it off and took my notepad and read out in a professional manner, "There's a meeting with the finance department at 12, then at 3 you have an appointment with the CEO of Strata enterprises and finally, at five you have to go for your suit fitting for the upcoming gala"

He narrowed his eyes scrutinising me, I felt so tiny under his gaze. He nodded and waved his hand dismissively. I turned around to leave but his voice stopped me

"Next time onwards don't wait for me in his cabin, just place my coffee and wait in your cabin for further commands, Am I clear?"

I nodded and rushed to my cabin with my hand over my beating heart.

I closed the door and leaned behind, taking controlled breath's to calm my nerves. After feeling better I went to my desk and was surprised to see a pile of new folders laying on it. I sighed and sat behind the desk "Here starts my day,"