XXIV: Masquerade!

Athena

I did not have anything to wear. I thought it's going to be a normal business trip and now I have to attend a freaking ball. I really hate those stuff! It's so annoying and people are so fake, they're only motive is to flaunt their money and rub it on others face.

Dumb snobbish people!

I hate this kind of society. I rarely attend balls and my parents never forced me to, which I'm grateful for.

What will I wear? There's more four hours to the ball. I could go out and buy a new dress but Zephyr asked me not to leave this place.

I paced around the room thinking of different ways to escape this ball. Paparazzi's are going to be there, that means they'll take pictures, my face will appear on tabloids. Then my parents will get to know where I am. Noooooo! This can't be happening.

I stopped when I heard a knock on the door, who will it be?

I went to the door and opened it enough for me to see who it was. There stood a young lady, carrying two huge bags. She looked at me with a smile. She looked beautiful with long red hair and clear skin. And those beautiful pair of blue eyes.

"Are you Miss. Walker?" She asked

I nodded , how does she know my name?

"I'm Lucy, Mr.King sent me to get you ready for tonight" she cleared my doubts

He really did that? Whoa the mean and selfish Zephyr King sent someone to get me glam up?

I blinked my eyes few times thinking this is an illusion. But it isn't.

I opened the door wide for her to enter. I closed the door and sat on the bed. She kept the bags on the table and unpacked it. She took a black dress from one of the cover. It looked gorgeous.

Wow!

I gaped at the dress in her hand. It was black, and had small sequins all around it giving it a night sky illusion. It was backless and had a long slit at the side. I've never worn backless or anything such revealing.

"This is your dress Miss Walker" she placed the dress on the bed

"Wow, it's pretty" I ran my hand across the smooth fabric. It might be expensive. I made a note to pay him later.

"It's Mr.King's selection"

I looked at her through wide eyes, why would he do that?

"He selected this dress?" He's got good fashion sense but how did he know my size?

"Yes, now let's get your make up done" she smiled and guided me to the dressing chair.

After an hour....

"You can open your eyes!" I slowly opened my eyes only to be stunned by my reflection. I only have one word to describe my look

magnificent!