XXXVIII: Heartbroken!

Athena

"Where were you?"

"eeep!" I shrieked, jumping in fright when I heard a masculine voice, My eyes connected to a pair of cold greens.

"What are you doing in my cabin?" I asked, placing a hand on my chest. How dare he waltz in and question me?

"This is my office and I can go wherever I want In this building!" He narrowed his eyes, daring me to question his authority.

"Still there's something called privacy," dude! what's wrong with you?

He stood there staring at me blankly; I scoffed and went to my chair when suddenly an arm wrapped around my waist pulling me back meeting his rock hard body. My body tensed at the contact, his warmth seeped into my body, I had to resist the urge to hug the hell out of him.

I shivered when I felt a warm breath near my right ear, his arms went around my body caging me. "I don't have to deal with privacy when it comes to you, Ma Cherie!" I felt his chest rumble when he uttered those words huskily. Gosh, I could just melt in his arms.

"Now tell me where were you?" he ordered sternly, I came back to the reality that I was still in his arms. I removed his hand forcefully and looked back at him with a stern face "That's none of your business Mr. King!" my voice was surprisingly stern, and I don't know from where I got the courage to talk back.

He narrowed his eyes, his nostrils flared, to be honest, he looked feral. I gulped inaudibly, I messed up again "It is my business Miss Walker, I have every right to know what my employees are doing!"

"So I'm just an employee to you right now?" I cocked an eyebrow, I'm very curious to know what he thinks about me, about us!

"Yes you are only my employee and I don't want you whoring around, It'll ruin my comapny's reputation." He stated firmly, breaking my heart into a million pieces but I know deep within he's only denying everything, he's scared to admit if he has any kind of feelings for me. Then why would he kiss me? Does a boss go around kissing his employee?

"If I'm your employee then why the hell did you kiss me?" I questioned with hurtful eyes, He looked taken aback by my question, his eyes wandered around for a second before meeting mine, it was cold something which I didn't expect.

"I felt like kissing and I did. I've kissed countless women in my life. Now don't go thinking I have feelings for you" His words were like a thousand daggers piercing through my heart.

"But you said you liked it," I whispered, staring into his cold eyes hoping to find any traces of whether he's lying or not all I saw was blankness.

"You should be knowing by now I don't care about it, I simply said that to cheer you up" he smirked arrogantly.

I thought he meant all of his words, I thought he felt the same way for me. All the while he was acting, he's such a sick BASTARD. I sprinted to him, grabbing his collar, staring at him with hate and hurt. "How dare you say such words Zephyr! Don't you have a heart? How could you do this to me? Okay, you might not have any feelings for me then why play with mine? Is this your way of seeking revenge? Your such an A**hole Zephyr! The greatest jerk I've ever met in my life." I left his collar and watched his stunned face which quickly morphed into anger.

His face reddened, nerves popping out near his forehead as he clenched his jaw. I took a step back, while he stared slowly moving closer. "What did you just call me?" he yelled,

RUN Athena!!

That's what I did, I started running like a headless chicken in my office, he was right behind me, I regret wearing heeled boots this isn't getting me anywhere. I was about to reach the door handle when a pair of strong arms wrapped around my waist and legs lifting off the ground.