XXIX: I Dare You!

(An unexpected update right?? I'm trying to compensate on the long wait ya'll had to go through. hope you enjoy this chapter ;) )

Zephyr

"I can't do it and That's my ultimate decision father," I said with finality and hung up the call, as I slumped into my swivel chair.

My father had to ruin my mood out of all days. He kept on bringing that silly marriage topic and I'm least interested to get married to a stranger. But he doesn't understand that, and I heard the girl ran away from their house. I bet even she's least interested in this. Even though I don't know her, I bet she's got the guts to do it.

I took the intercom and pressed number 1, the call is picked immediately "Mr.King's per_ " I cut her off "Black coffee Now!" I didn't intend to yell at her but my tone came out harsh and it's too late to change it.

I banged the receiver back and leaned back into my seat.  It's been two years since I shifted to France. I wanted to start a new branch here, and it's going on well. Now my goal is to get the tender for the brand new hotel by Fleur d'Or hotels. It should be my company that gets the tender to design and build it. There are many competitors out there who are capable to do it but I'll try my best to get it.

I picked my phone and called my secretary, yeah I have a secretary who handles all my major works, the reason why I kept Athena was just to take revenge but turned out to backfire and I hate to admit that I'm slowly getting attached to her.

The door swung open and a fuming Athena stormed inside, her brown hair strands falling over her face, the way her slender legs moved with precision, her body screamed power stance and that's hot. I mentally shook my head, I'm not supposed to be fantasising over her. She's just a normal friend, yes that is it! Or is it? It's more like trying to convince myself.

I hung up the call and frowned at her, she walked up to me and banged the cup on the table, I'm surprised it didn't break.

"Miss Walker I do not tolerate disrespect from you," I spat venomously clenching my jaw, the only thing I hate the most is being disrespected whether It's my family, friends or employees I do not care.

Her eyes flared with anger, I was partly impressed by her boldness but In my office, it's me who gets to rule.

"Give respect, then earn respect! First, you learn to speak politely and not order around like a dictator" she stated in vexation,

I felt myself getting more angered by her words, that's it I lost control over my words and I said the words that I never meant.

I saw hurt flash through her eyes, something in my heart clenched when I saw her face then as quickly as it appeared her face morphed into anger "You Jerk!" she yelled, her chest heaving as she took rapid breaths.

"Mind your tone, Miss Walker!" I warned, narrowing my eyes into slits.

"Oh now you're asking me to mind my tone? Learn to respect your employees then I'll talk properly to you. Now drink your black coffee as dark as your heart before it cools down cause I'm not going to prepare another cup!"

As dark as your heart! You're right Athena, my heart and soul are dark. I can't afford any feelings, I'm supposed to remain this way, cold and heartless. But why does my heart ache, when you said those words which I hear from everyone?

Athena

Danny dropped me back at the office an hour ago and I still didn't hear anything from Mr.King. should I go apologies? I know I should have helped a lot of patience to put up with his childish tantrums.