9: Technicalities

The next day I somehow dragged myself to class, even though I was overwhelmed by everything Derek had said to me

I got a message from Zane that there was a conspiracy solver's meeting that started half an hour ago, I was attending a class then but stopping by now won't harm.

I made my way to the hall and saw Zane when I entered, Chloe and Dom were also there, I totally forgot that Dom and Zane are cousins.
I took a seat at the back and saw him talk.

"It seems like suddenly you are on F3's side?" I heard someone say.

"I've told you before and I'll tell you again, we are observers we are on no one's side," Zane says with a sly smile on his face, what is that all about?

"Do you have a side?" Dom asks the same person who had asked the question from Zane.

"Yeah, I do." He says and I get up to look at his face, his voice sounds familiar. who is that?

To my surprise it was none other than Carson. Great!

He has a hobby. Has he been coming here all along?

My thoughts were interrupted when Carson answered Zane's next question. That's what the sly smile was about, he knows Carson is playing.

"And which one is it?" Zane asks Carson.

"The authority's of course!" Carson says with a stern face.

"Why did I Already knew that?" Zane says.

"Maybe because I'm smart," Carson says.

"That maybe one of the reasons," I smiled since I know how funny the whole scenario actually is, but Chloe just gave me a weird eye, like asking 'what's going on'?

"You're the authority, so your vote doesn't really count," Dom says.

"Why not? I mean what could be better than the side of the fascists?" Carson passes a sly smile this time.

"Yeah, the power residing in one percent of the population, you can help your poor rich friends into getting higher positions than they currently are in, you can convince people into doing things that are against their interests, I mean what's better than that, Right?" Zane says sarcastically.

"Exactly my point, my friend." Carson says.

After some minutes the meeting is dismissed and I see Chloe talking to Dom, I don't want to be the third wheel between them so I make my way out, my next class will start soon anyway.

I was out the door when someone came to my side and started walking beside me, I looked at the person and my face drops, Carson. He had a smile on his face.

"Do you drink coffee?" He asks.

"Yeah, Black, two sugars, I'll be in my next class, Thanks!" I say to him.