22: Fired!

The sun was about to set and Gage had informed me on his rounds that I could go back to the camp in about 2 hours

I was playing with Litty to pass the time when I heard a sound coming from the bushes. Litty jumped from my lap and ran to his mum.

Traitor!

I stood up and walked towards the noisy bush. It moved and talked.

"That's my toe," a hushed voice came from the bush.

"Sorry, I was aiming for your knee," a voice came again and it sounded like Derek this time.

"Uhh- Guys?" I called out.

"Ashley, Ashley!" Two heads poked from the bush.

Derek and Ridge.

"What are you two doing here?"

"We came to get you," Ridge said.

"Yeah, lock the cage up fast," Derek said.

"Okay, but whom are you hiding from?"

"Gage of course," Ridge says.

"Yeah, he'll kill us if he finds out we are not doing our work. Well, he'll kill Ridge, not me," Derek says.

"Or worse, tell my dad on me," Ridge says.

"You're a little overdramatic, don't you think?" I say.

"Oh, believe me, he's not, it's better to get killed than to get caught slacking, when your working under Mr. Ashton," Derek says.

"Just hurry up," Ridge says again.

"Okay, Okay," I say before going to lock the cage.

I took a quick look over everything and then locked the door after saying goodbye to Litty.

An hour later I was walking with Ridge, Derek and Carson in Arick Ashton's orchard. There were trees of peaches, apples and different berries, but it didn't look commercial. It looked like someone is really fond of the orchard and is maintaining it, as a hobby.

We picked lots of fruits up and took a seat near a small out house, while Derek and Ridge were in the out house making smoothies for everyone.

"Ahhhhh!" Someone was screaming from inside the house. Carson ignored it completely and continued washing his strawberries.