Epilogue

An year later
2nd Year

Blaze was helping Derek put up the posters for his lost friend, in the library.

With a caption that read-

I met this very fat piece of meat the other day and we instantly just clicked. He had some sick moves and we bonded over cheetos. I thought we both were having a good time, then suddenly he just flew away. I've been missing him since, But he's untraceable. If you see him, just tell him Derek misses him and waits for him at our regular spot. Also, let him know that I named him Cedric Lockwood but it's okay with me if he wants to change it.

I was sitting with Carson on his designated centre most table, in the library. We had a few plans for the students this year and were discussing it over coffee.

Last year, more than 80% of the Affluents left Eastwood in the next two days after Ridge's withdrawal. None of the then current students were asked to leave Eastwood, but the Affluents did it on their own.

Eastwood had opened all it's seats for the students starting this year. All admissions were merit based and Carson kept a keen eye on all the process. He plans on continuing to work for Eastwood after his degree to keep the system clean and Mr. Dane was satisfied with that. He had always wanted Carson to run Eastwood and have no ambitions of his own.

There were no division among the students. Even the former group members had given up on their old ways and Eastwood had successfully recovered from the dirt, spotless.

Zane and Dom waved at us as they passed by our table giving the new students a tour of the library's science section.

Derek came to the table with Blaze and took a seat after kissing me on the top of my head. He wore a simple black T shirt which made the tattoo on him look extra edgy. He still wears my hairband in his hand and my silver chain around his neck.

I on the other hand, wear Ridge's necklace daily and sleep with the Meowth by my side, still crying at night sometimes. I missed him everyday, at every part of the college life. Especially whenever I was down. Whenever I would be sitting alone or walking to the hostel alone, I would just wish for him to come out from his black car unexpectedly and tell me to sit in.

But, it never happened. He hasn't talked to me since. He was completely gone, even from social media.

It's like he never existed.

He calls Derek and Carson sometimes to inform them about his well being, but they keep it from me, honouring Ridge's own request.

Late at night I would sometimes get drunk calls from a new number everytime, but no one ever spoke. I knew it was him and he knew that I knew it was him. But, that too has stopped three months ago.

Ridge had disappeared like he had never existed in the first place.

Derek and Blaze were talking about the fresher's party they were planning on throwing at his house.

"I ordered those big party balloons that say 2-0-2-0. But, they sent me the ones for 2002 instead. I don't know what I'm supposed to do with them." Derek complains to Blaze.

"Oh, that's a bummer." Blaze sympathises with Derek.

"Yeah."

Carson quirks an eyebrow up and says, "Have you tried arranging the 2s and 0s as 2020, instead of 2002?"

Derek thinks about Carson's suggestion with a furrow on his face. His face suddenly lights up and a smile comes to his face, "That was awesome, Carson. I can fix their screwed up order in no time, now."

I laugh at Derek, "I really missed your stupid self in the break," I admitted.

Derek kisses me again then says, "I missed you more."

"How are the preparations for the party going?" I asked, Blaze.

"It's going good. I would need more volunteers though," Blaze said.

"Great! I can volunteer," I offer. 

"That would be great," Blaze chirped.

"The freshers of 2020 are so lucky. This year is going to be awesome." Derek said, "I mean Look at how cool seniors they have," he said pointing to himself, with both hands. "I mean, I would really kill, KILL! for seniors like us. 2020 is gonna be awesome."

"I wouldn't say that. I mean being a hacker, you should be aware that the government is going to launch a new pandemic to cover up their recent losses and money laundering," a voice comes from behind us and all of us turn around to look at him.

We didn't need to see his face. Everyone knew all too well whom the voice belonged to.

At the big door stood a silhouette, whose face couldn't be seen due to the sunlight.

He took a step inside the library and the sun shone straight into his masculine face.

"I'm back, bitches." said Ridge.

The ending won't end them.
The End is just their beginning.

***

***

Now, the book has finally ended.

It feels so complete with Ridge back with the gang.

For those who are wondering how Ridge came back. He appeared in entrance examination and got selected on merit basis, like all the other students. He had studied all the while he was gone and always intended to come back. He's a year behind though.

This is the second and last book of 'The Legacy' series and I don't intend to write another one.

This has been an overwhelming experience and I don't know what to do with my life now, when it's over. I'm glad it ended
Thank you for coming this far. Please vote and comment on the chapters you liked. It would mean a lot.

Thank you.