Chapter 1

Note-

This font represent thoughts

This font represents writing

Beam pov:

It was the day after our exams so Pha and kit and i decided to go out together and have some fun to celebrate our short lived freedom.

"Hey guys a new café opened recently. I heard that the chocolate cake over there is really good. We should go check it out." Kit said excitedly.

"Oh really i didn't hear about a new café opening around here." pha looked at him.

"Apparently it's a really small one so it's not very well known. But their food is really good. Come oooooon let's go check it out." kit whined.

"ok ok lets go." i agreed.

We took my car and since kit was the one who knew where the café is, he's the one in the driver's seat. I sat in the passenger seat and pha sat at the back.

After around ten minutes of driving we finally reached.

It was quite small but it looked cozy. The decorations were simple and the colour palate they used gave the place a warm feeling.

We made our way inside and went to sit at one of the tables. After a short while, a waiter approached us to take our orders.

When i saw him, it felt like the whole world stopped.

He was so beautiful. Brown hair, brown eyes and a mole under his left eye. He was obviously well built.

I didn't realise i was staring until kit smacked me on head with the menu in his hand.

"Stop staring at him. You're making him uncomfortable." he scolded me.

I looked at the waiter. "sorry"

He just nodded silently with a smile.

I was confused because he didn't say anything. It must have shown on my face because the next second he took out a card and showed it to us.

I'm mute. I can't talk. I hope you don't mind. I can ask someone else to come if you want.

"No. No need to call anyone else. We don't mind." i quickly responded. Pha and kit also nodded in agreement.

He smiled and kept the card back in his pocket. He wrote something on the pad he was holding and  showed it to us.

What would you like to order?

"Oh I'll take one slice of chocolate cake and a  vanilla milkshake." - kit

"one cup of black coffee for me."-pha

"I'll take one slice of blueberry cheesecake and one hot chocolate." - me

Aftter writing everything down, he showed us our orders to make sure everything was correct. When we confirmed it, he bowed slightly and went to the counter.

"So why were you staring at him earlier?" - kit

"I don't know. I just thought he looked beautiful. I couldn't take my eyes off him." - me

Pha and kit stared at me for a while with surprise written all over their faces. They looked at each other.

"someone's in love" - kit smirked

Love? Is this how it feels?

"But I've never dated a guy before"- me

"Love isn't limited to any gender. It just happens." - pha

"why are you so cheesy? Must be the effect of N'Yo."-me

Pha rolled his eyes and sat back in his chair with his arms crossed on his chest.

After a while, the waiter came back with our orders.

He was about to leave when kit suddenly stopped him.

"what's your name?" - kit

He looked at kit with a surprised expression.

"Oh before you jump to conclusions I'm not trying to flirt with you. I'm just helping out a friend." - kit

He stared at kit for a few seconds before taking a writing pad out of the pocket of the apron he was wearing and writing something on it and showing it to us.

Forth.

Kit nodded. "thanks for telling."

He smiled and left.

We ate while chatting about random things. We paid and made our way to my car.

"I have a feeling someone is going to become a regular in that café" - kit

"Shut up." - me

Kit and pha burst into laughter. I just rolled my eyes and focused on the road.

Forth.

A smile automatically appeared on my face when i remembered him.

Well kit's right.

I'll be going to that café very often in the future.