chapter 3

Forth's pov:

After having dinner together, Beam insisted on dropping me infront of my place. I tried to refuse but he wouldn't take no for an answer. 

When we reached my place, he stared at the building without saying anything. 

I mean i wasn't really surprised. The building was a very old one which hasn't been renovated in years.  It looked like it would collapse any moment.

I want to live in a better place but i can't afford it. Not a lot of people are willing to hire a mute person. 

The owner of the current place i'm working at is a very kind person. His name is Sun. He hired me immediately even when he found out i can't talk. He sometimes even gives me some leftovers to take home. The others also treat me very well. But since it's quite small the pay isn't very high and i can barely make ends meet.

But i can't really complain because Sun is already ding his best to pay as much as he can.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when beam suddenly spoke up. 

"When does your shift end tomorrow?" He asked.

Three o'clock.

I had already given up trying to go against him.

"My classes finish at 3 as well. I'll come pick you up at around 4 o'clock here."

He drove off before i could react.

I sighed and went into my apartment. 

I don't own a lot of valuable stuff. I only have a mattress on the floor and a small freezer. I put my clothes in  a small closet in the corner of the room.  The bathroom was also very small and didn't have a bathtub. It's also very rare to get warm water.

The only thing which is really valuable to me is my sketchbook. It was gifted to me by my mom. It's the only keepsake i have of her. 

I took a shower and changed into some comfortable clothes. After lying down on the mattress i stared at the ceiling thinking about Beam.

I still couldn't understand why he would fall in love with me. Compared to him i'm nothing. He's obviously from a well off family. He's also really good looking so he would have no trouble getting any girls. 

Why would he want to be with someone like me? 

I decided to just brush it off since i knew he would just give up by the end of the week if not earlier. 

The next day i went back to my place after the end of my shift. I just took a shower and changed into a black hoodie and black jeans and some white sneakers.

When i went outside Beam was already there waiting for me.

"Get in." He said with a smile. 

We drove for about twenty minutes before stopping infront of an amusement park .

I immediately got excited. I have never been to an amusement park before. I had to use all my energy to keep myself from jumping out of the car and running in.

To be honest this isn't how i expected my first trip to the amusement park to be. Not with someone who confessed their love to me just the night before and declared that they will court me. 

But i decided i should just enjoy these things since they are not going to last long.