chapter 2

Beam pov:

The next day i went to the café right after class. When i got there, my eyes immediately searched for Forth. But unfortunately, i couldn't find him.

I felt dejected but decided to get something since I'm here anyway.

"Forth has the day off today."

I looked up when i heard someone talk. It was a waiter. I furrowed my brows wondering why he suddenly mentioned him. I'm pretty sure i didn't say anything out loud.

"I noticed you staring at him yesterday. And i also overheard you telling your friends you find him beautiful." he smirked.

I blushed profusely.

"Hahaha you're cute. Too bad I'm straight." he chuckled.

He left after taking my order. I ate in silence while scrolling through my phone. When i was done, the same guy brought the bill.

"Oh and by the way, Forth usually hangs out in the beach near here in his free time." He winked at me.

I stared at him for a while without saying anything.

"You might want to hurry up. I don't know until when he might still be there." He added when i didn't move.

I quickly made my way out of the café and headed for the nearest beach. I wasn't really sure if he would still be there since it's already 5:30 in the afternoon, but i decided to take a chance.

When i got there, i scanned the whole place checking to see if he was there. I looked around but i couldn't find him anywhere. I was about to turn around and leave when i saw a silhouette near some rocks in the far corner.

I made my way towards the silhouette with wide but light steps. The closer i got the more i knew for sure it was definitely him.

He was staring out into the horizon with a grim expression. There was a closed sketchbook on his lap. It looked worn out.

"Hey." I called out when i got close enough.

He was startled when he heard me. He quickly turned to look at me and relaxed when he saw me.

"Sorry didn't mean to scare you." I apologised.

He took out his phone and typed.

It's ok don't worry about it.

I smiled and sat down next to him.

He stared at me.

"I'm here because i heard you like to hang out here in your free time." I answered his unasked question.

Why?

"ok this is going to sound really weird. But can you hear me out?" I asked.

He nodded.

"Yesterday when i saw you, it felt like the whole world had stopped. I couldn't take my eyes off you. The first words that came to my mind were that you were so beautiful. Your eyes, hair, body, everything. I fell in love with you the moment i laid my eyes on you." I looked at him after bearing everything out to him.

He was staring at me with wide eyes and open mouth.

He snapped out of it after a while and typed on his phone.

But why me? I mean i can't even talk. I'm sure there are a lot better than someone like me.

I frowned. "So what if you can't talk? I'm not such a cheap person who would turn my back go the other away just because you can't talk."

But you don't even know me. I can barely support myself with my job and i don't even have any family.

I blinked. I looked up at his face. He looked like he was trying hard to convince me. But i could see sadness in his eyes. As if he feels that he doesn't deserve to be loved.

"Do you think you don't deserve my love?"

He looked down and nodded solemnly.

"Well then, you're wrong."

He looked up at me surprised.

"I don't care if you can barely support yourself with your job. I'll be more than happy to help you with that. I don't care if you don't have any family. I'll become your family and my family will become your family as well." I said determined.

He gaped at me.

He was about to type something but i stopped him."How about this? Let me get to know you for a week first. If by the end of the week i think you don't deserve what i want to give you, then I'll move on."

He hesitated at first but nodded eventually.

"Ok now give me your number." I took my phone from my pocket and handed it to him.

He looked at me confused.

"If I'm going to get to know you then we'll do it my way. I'll need your number so i can text you for when we can hang out." I explained.

He hesitantly took my phone and entered his number. I called the number and his phone rang.

"That's my number. Save it." I stood up. "Come on." I reached out my hand.

He stared at my hand with a confused expression.

"You haven't had dinner have you? Let's have it together. I know a nice place nearby."

He looked at me hesitantly so i took his arm and pulled him to his feet. When he stood up, the sketchbook on his lap fell. I bent down, took it and gave it to him. He took it from me and hugged it to his chest.

I grabbed his hand and dragged him to my car. By the time we were in my car, he stopped struggling.

We went to a nice restaurant nearby.

When we had to order he just said he was fine with anything. I had to glare at him for a few seconds before he finally gave in and ordered something from the menu.

I noticed he had ordered the cheapest dish. I internally sighed.

This is going to take a while.

I knew it wasn't going to be easy making him believe that he deserves to be loved even if he has flaws. But i knew one thing for sure.

I'm not going to give up on him no matter what.