Chapter 35

Forth's pov:

The next day she came over for lunch. 

There was an awkward silence while we were eating. No one said anything. 

After we were done eating, p'Mark went to the workroom saying he has some designs to finish. 

So Beam, my mother and i are now sitting on the couch in the living room. 

Beam is sitting next to me and my mother is sitting infront of us. 

Beam nudged my arm. 

I typed on my phone and cleared my throat to get her attention. 

I want to know why you didn't look for me for 3 years.

She but her lips. Her eyes started pooling with tears. 

"Not long after i went with that man i had gotten into a car crash. It was a hit and run. I hit my head really hard and lost all my memories. I didn't even know my own name." She paused and took a deep breath. 

"I had this feeling that i wasn't doing something that i was supposed to do. No matter how much i tried to brush it off, it still lingered at the back of my mind. So i started hypnotherapy. To get back all the memories i had lost. By the time i managed to remember everything, 3 years had already passed and you had already run away." She looked at me. 

I could tell she wasn't lying. 

"You're hiding something." Beam looked at her with narrowed eyes. 

She looked taken aback by his statement. 

"There's something you're not telling us. What is it?" He asked. 

"Th-that man he knew about you the whole time. He hid it from me. He said he didn't want to bring back those memories. I had went to hypnotherapy behind his back. And when i found out he had hidden about you from me, i left him. I kept a low profile so your father wouldn't find me. I even changed my name." She explained. 

"What's that man's name?" Beam asked. 

"Tae Darvid." She answered. 

We both froze at her answer. 

Our eyes widened. 

"D-does he know everything about him?" Beam asked. 

"Yes. He said he had done a complete background check on him and his father." She nodded. 

Beam turned to me. 

"Is that why he's so interested in you?" He asked softly. 

It could be.

"Do you know him?" She asked. 

I nodded. 

"Stay away from him. He's really close friends with your father now. They started doing business together 2 years after i left him." She said. 

I visibly gulped. 

"Wait if they are doing business together shouldn't they know about you two then?" Beam frowned. 

"Yes they should. I don't know why they haven't come finding me yet. Or find Forth. They have a lot of connections. They should be able to find us easily if they tried." She answered. 

"Something's going on. They are upto something." Beam mumbled. 

Fear was crawling up inside me. 

I tugged at his sleeve. 

I'll be working with his company soon. They proposed to have an exclusive contract with me.

Beam's eyes widened. 

"NO! You're not working with him!" He yelled. 

They can't refuse the proposal. His company is a regular customer. They don't have a choice.

Beam frowned deeply and bit his nails. 

"I'll got get uncle Mark. He needs to know about this." He got up and went to the workroom. 

"Forth? What's going on?" She looked at me questioning. 

I'm a designer at Alpha creative. RX company is a regular customer there. They proposed to have an exclusive contract with me.

Her eyes widened. 

"No. You can't trust him. You need to stay away from him." She looked really scared now. 

I bit my lips. 

P'Mark and Beam came out just then. 

They sat down and Beam explained what we talked about earlier. 

"I knew that bastard was bad news." P'Mark bit his nails.

But p' i can't back out from this. They are a regular customer.

He tapped his foot and thought deeply. 

"He has so many connections. But he hasn't made any move towards Forth or his mother. Doesn't that sound odd?" Beam frowned. 

P'Mark nodded. 

"And he saved her from that club and said he would protect her. She said he did a full background check on him and Forth. So why is he working with him now? If he really wanted to protect her, he would have put him behind bars or did something to make him pay." He continued. 

"And if he's working with that bastard then that guy would also know about these two. And yet he hasn't made a move either." P'Mark mumbled. 

I remembered my past two encounters with him. 

I frowned and tilted my head. 

I don't think he knew about me.

"What?" Beam asked. 

From the way he talked it looked like he had no idea where i was. He was talking as if he had finally found me after a long time. He said "So this is where you were hiding." when i first came across him. If he knew about me beforehand, he wouldn't say that.

"That's true..." P'Mark mumbled. 

"But why would Darvid hide you two from him?" Beam looked at her. 

"I don't know. I was with him for 6 years but i never got to know him. He would be busy at work most of the time and would come home late at night." She answered. 

"What the fuck is going on inside that guy's head?" P'Mark  pulled at his hair. 

We kept quiet after that. 

My phone suddenly rang. 

It was a text from Ria. 

Ria: Hey Forth. I've finalized the contract with RX company. We'll be having the meeting with them tomorrow afternoon at 5.

I visibly gulped. 

"Forth? What is it?" P'Mark asked. 

The other two were also looking at me questioning. 

I showed them the text. 

"Fuck....." P'Mark muttered. 

My phone rang again. It was another text from her. 

Ria: Are you there? 

Me: Yes.

Ria: Ok. Can you come to my office at 4:00? I want to discuss the details with you before the meeting starts.

Me: Ok i'll be there. 

Ria: Great see you tomorrow then. 

My heart was pounding in my chest. But i can't back out now. 

"Hey don't worry. We'll figure something out. I promised i won't let anyone touch you. I don't plan on breaking that promise." Beam gently held my shoulder. 

I nodded.