chapter 24

Forth's pov:

Flashback:

"You piece of shit! Can't you do anything right?!" He punched me hard across the face causing me to fall to the ground.

I whimpered and held my face.

"You just had to cook a simple omelet! And you fucking spilled it everywhere!" He screamed.

I'm only 10 years old. No one ever taught me how to cook. The only thing i had to refer to were my memories of watching mom cook.

"Don't fucking ignore me! You useless shit!" He kicked me in the stomach.

I groaned loudly and curled into myself trying to protect my self from getting hit anymore.

He was about to kick me again when his phone rang.

"Tsk. Clean all this up! Make sure this place is spotless by the time i get back!" He hissed.

With that he went out slamming the door behind him.

Tears streamed down my face.

Mommy...It hurts... Where are you...

Flashback end:

I jolted awake. tears were streaming down my face.

The first thing i saw was Beam's chest. I looked up and saw that he was sleeping soundly. Thankfully i hadn't woken him up.

I slowly slipped out of bed. I looked at the clock and noticed it was only 6 o'clock in the morning.

I decided to take a shower.

After coming out of the bathroom, i went out onto the balcony.

I sat down on the floor leaning on the sliding door.

Last night's events were playing in my mind.

Beam's pov:

When i woke up, i was alone in bed. I immediately sat up and looked around.

I noticed Forth sitting out in the balcony floor leaning on the sliding door.

I looked at the clock and noticed it was only 6:30 in the morning.

I took the duvet and my phone with me and went to Forth.

He seems to be lost in thought and didn't notice me.

I sat down next to him and wrapped the duvet around both of us.

He flinched when he felt my arms around him.

"You'll catch a cold if you sit out here with such light clothes." I smiled at him.

He just stared at me and moved closer. He wrapped his arms around my waist and leaned his head on my shoulder.

I gently stroked his hair.

"Can you tell me what happened in the washroom last night?" I asked after a few minutes of silence.

I gave my phone to him.

I met my dad again.

"That man who pushed past me?" I asked.

He nodded.

"what did he say?"

He said all this fame belongs to him. That i should be grateful to him since he made sure i didn't die on the side of the road after my mom left.

I could feel anger boiling up inside me. "What the fuck?"

Beam I'm scared.

My anger immediately dissipated when i read the text. I wrapped my arms around him tightly.

"Don't be scared. I'm not going to let him lay a single finger on you. I promise." I kissed his temple.

I trained myself for the past 8 years so i would be able to protect myself if i ever run into him. But the moment i saw him my blood ran cold and my body refused to listen to me. I feel pathetic.

"No don't say that. You're not pathetic. You survived all these years on your own without anyone's help. I admire your strength." I said.

He didn't type anything and just kept silent.

He kept the phone on my lap and snaked his arms around my waist again. He buried his face in my neck.

I could feel my neck getting wet.

" Hey sssshhh.... I'm here. It's ok. No one's going to lay a single finger on you while I'm here." I whispered softly.

He kept crying for a while. I didn't stop rubbing his back and whispering soothing words to him.

"Come on lets get back to bed. It's still really early." I said after he had finally calmed down.

I gently helped him onto his feet and led him to the bed.

I laid him down and sat next to him. He wrapped his arms around my waist tightly and buried his face in my hip.

Before long i could hear his steady breathing.

I texted uncle Mark to come to the room.

I knew he would be awake since he goes jogging every morning at this time.

After around 15 minutes the door opened and he walked in.

He sat on the small couch near the bed.

"He met his father again last night." I answered his unasked question.

He frowned and clenched his jaw.

"Did you see who he was?" He asked me.

I nodded.

"I never thought it would be him though." I looked at Forth who was sleeping peacefully.

"What do you mean?" Uncle Mark asked.

"David Jamornhum." I looked back at him.

His eyes widened and he reeled back.

"Him?!" He yelled.

"Ssshh!!" I hissed.

Forth shifted a little but thankfully didn't wake up.

I breathed a relieved sigh.

"Are you sure it was him?" Uncle Mark asked quietly.

"Yeah. I'm sure." I said firmly.

"If that's his father than this is going to be a lot harder than i thought." He bit his nails.

"You're right. But i don't care what it takes. I don't want him anywhere near Forth." I said seriously.

"The feeling's mutual." He looked at Forth.

I looked at him as well.

Don't worry. I'll protect you no matter the cost.