Chapter 10

Forth's pov:

Afte Beam texted me to get ready with my design, i couldn't help but get nervous. This would be the first time anyone would actually look at my designs.

I went back to my place and took a shower. I changed into a blue long sleeve shirt and some black jeans with white sneakers.

I paced around in my place and checked my drawings multiple times.

I didn't realise it was already half past four in the afternoon until Beam texted.

Beam: Hey I'm outside your place now.

I quickly gathered my things and went out. Beam was waiting in his care infront of the entrance. When i got in, he was looking at me with a warm smile.

"Nervous?" He asked.

I nodded.

This is the first time anyone would actually look at my designs.

"Relax. Your designs are gorgeous. Everything's going to be fine."

With that he started driving towards our destination.

After about forty minutes of driving, we reached a high rise apartment building. It looked beautiful. I could tell just by looking at the place from outside that the apartments would be luxurious.

I clutched onto Beam's shirt as we made our way inside. I wasn't really comfortable going to such luxurious places.

The memories i have of such places are not very pleasant.

"Hey what's wrong?" He turned to me when my grip on his shirt tightened.

I took out my phone.

I'm not really comfortable going to luxurious places like this.

"Owh? Ok how about this? Here take my hand." He reached out his left hand.

I hesitated for a moment before taking it.

He pulled me closer to him and we went got into the elevator.

I hugged my sketchbook to my chest with my left hand and squeezed Beam's hand with my right. I knew it would be painful by now since i was putting in quite a lot of strength, but Beam didn't say anything. He just squeezed my hand reassuringly.

He looked at me smiled warmly. Assuring me that he is here.

That person's apartment was at the top floor of the building. It wasn't an apartment but a penthouse which took up the whole floor.

I was mesmerised by the design of the place but at the same time really uncomfortable.

Beam noticed this and squeezed my hand lightly.

We quickly made our way to the entrance and Beam knocked on the door. It opened after a few minutes revealing a guy who looked like he was in his early thirties. He was wearing a short sleeve black tshirt and grey sweatpants.

"Beam! Its been so long!" He pulled Beam into his embrace.

"Yes I'm sorry i couldn't visit you for a while i was busy." Beam chuckled while returning the embrace.

He then turned to me. "You must be Forth."

I nodded with a small smile.

He opened the door wider to let us in.

We settled on the couch. Beam didn't let go of my hand even for a second. I could feel my anxiety rising. Having Beam by my side did make it a bit better but i still wasn't really comfortable.