Chapter 34

Forth's pov:

I'm currently sitting on my bed in my room.

 It's been a week since that day. I was discharged three days ago. 

She never came back after that. 

I tried asking Beam and p'Mark about it but they would always avoid the topic whenever i bring her up. 

I looked at the old worn out sketchbook in my hand. 

This was the only gift she had ever given me. 

My father would always tell her not give me gifts because he didn't want me to grow up as a spoiled brat. 

Now i know why she never questioned him and just followed whatever he said. 

It really hurt though. Knowing that the person i trusted blindly knew that he was beating me everyday but never tried to stop him. 

I opened the book and looked at the drawings. The pages were worn out and the drawings were faded. 

Most of them were of clothes. Different designs my 7 year old mind came up with. They weren't really practical. At that time i was living in a dreamworld so the designs i drew didn't really make much sense.  I just drew them as a way to escape from the harsh reality that was my father.

But there was one particular drawing that was completely different. 

It was a sketch of her. 

She was smiling widely while holding a small flower in her hand. 

I drew this for her birthday. 

I was so excited to show this to her. I barely slept that night. 

But when i woke up the next morning, she had already left. 

All her belongings were gone. 

That day, i got beaten to the point that i couldn't even move. I had a few broken ribs and a lot of internal bleeding. 

He brought a doctor home and made him treat me. He paid him not to tell anyone about it. 

I remember crying my eyes out when i realised she wasn't coming back. And that earned me 4 harsh slaps and being locked in my room for three days without food. 

I was pulled out of my thoughts when i felt hands caressing my cheeks. 

I looked up and saw Beam looking at me with a sad expression.

My vision was blurry from the tears that had pooled in my eyes. 

"Do you want me to bring her here?" He asked softly. 

I took my phone and typed.

I want to know why she left. I want to know why she didn't look for me for 3 years. I want answers.

He sighed. 

"The reason why we avoided talking about her around you is because we didn't want you to get stressed out. The doctor said it might have a negative effect on your recovery. So we wanted to wait till you're fully recovered before letting her meet you again." He explained. 

I slowly nodded.

"I'll talk to uncle Mark and bring her here so you can get your answers. Do you mind if i stay with you while you guys talk?" He asked. 

I shook my head. 

"Ok. For now let's go eat. Uncle Mark already prepared dinner." He took the sketchbook from my hand and put it on the nightstand.