Chapter 13

Beam's pov:

I woke up the next morning with Forth in my arms. He was still clutching my shirt tightly. I couldn't move so i just laid there thinking about what had happened last night. 

Why was he scratching his throat so hard?

Why was he trying to force himself to form words when he knows he can't?

What in the world happened to him in the past for him to be having these nightmares?

These questions were repeating in my head over and over again. But i couldn't find the answer to any of them. 

I was pulled out of my thoughts when he started waking up. He blinked a few times trying to clear his vision. He slowly looked up at me.  I could tell he still hadn't woken up properly. 

He looked so cute with groggy eyes and disheveled hair.

"Good morning." I smiled.

My voice seems to have finally woken him up.  His eyes widened slightly and he sat up abruptly. But he immediately held his head with his hands and cringed in pain. 

"You shouldn't sit up so quickly. You cried a lot last night. Your head is obviously going to hurt." I sat up as well. 

When he heard this, his expression changed to a guilty one.

"Hey what's wrong?" I asked worriedly.

He reached out to the nightstand to take his phone. 

I'm sorry. I woke you up.

"I'm not angry. I don't mind." I assured him.

But you had to see that side of me. I'm just a burden...

"Forth look at me." I held his face and turned it towards me. 

"You are not a burden. Don't ever say something like that again. And i want to see all your sides. I want to know everything about you. That includes your nightmares as well." 

His eyes were glossy with tears. 

I leaned forward and kissed his forehead softly. 

"I love you. I'll love you no matter how many times you wake me up in the middle of the night. I'll comfort you whenever you're in pain. I'll never consider you as a burden. You're the person i love. And i will be right beside you at all times." I whispered while looking straight into his eyes so he knows i mean every word. 

He stared at me for a while before keeping his phone aside and moving closer towards me. He slowly wrapped his arms around my waist and nuzzled my neck.

My lips curved up in a smile. I hugged him back and buried my nose in his soft hair. 

After a few minutes he let go.

"you can go take a shower first." i told him.

He nodded and took some clothes and went into the bathroom.

I laid back down on the bed and scrolled through my phone to pass time.

After i finished taking a shower we went outside. Uncle Mark was in the kitchen making breakfast.

" Good morning." I greeted him.

He turned around and smirked.

"Finally got out of bed i see."

I knew exactly what he was thinking.

"No. That didn't happen."

He looked a little disappointed. He opened to say something but he noticed Forth's confused expression and closed his mouth.