Blood Trial

2.4K Reads, 213 Votes, 23 Parts

A story in which friendship is just a prized possession and love is filled with deceitful lies and betrayal.

For there to be betrayal, there would have to have been trust first.

Blood Trial by abangtan01

TITLE: 4/5 Sounds mysterious and enticing.

COVER: 5/5 The cover has a dark-mysterious vibe.  The font and size are attractive and will capture readers' attention.

DESCRIPTION: 8/10 The description is short but attention-grabbing.  I prefer the one in the forward better. A forward is written to recommend a book.  It is done by someone other than the author.  You should change it to "Introduction."  The prologue is excellent

PLOT: 20/30 I like the quotes you put in the story. They really go with the feel of the plot.  

To be honest, I don't understand how the title Blood Trial goes with the story.  Does it mean V was tested by blood?  The flashbacks are kind of confusing too.  I don't understand why V and Yujin would be so rude to each other when nothing has happened between them.  Maybe it is a cultural thing.   I don't understand why V is so angry all the time or why he becomes violent.  I know you are trying to make it a mystery but you have to give the reader a reasonable explanation.

DIALOGUE: 8/10 The dialogue is not bad and it goes with the characters. Make sure you make it clear who is talking.

DICTION: 7/10 The book needs some editing because you sometimes skip words in a sentence.  If you want me to point them out let me know.  

Also, you sometimes use some phrases that sound strange to me. They just need to be reworded such as:  That's what friends called right?  I think sb: That's what friends are for. Right?

Don't take this critique badly, you have a descriptive voice that is unique and colorful. Unfortunately, I can tell that English is not your main language.  You need an editor to check your story and fix the tense problems.

GRAMMAR: 6/10 Many times the tenses of verbs don't match in a sentence and sometimes the verb is completely missing. This is the biggest problem.

AESTHETIC: 10/10 The aesthetic of this book is a beauty to behold.  It is a great example for other writers, including myself, on how to make a book more appealing.  Even the extra spacing between paragraphs looks appealing because it is consistent.

ORIGINALITY AND APPEAL: 6/10

I love mystery stories so I enjoyed trying to figure this one out.  The last chapter was the most interesting one when things start to get good.  You introduce the Ice character adding to the mystery.  I hope the climax of the story is worth the wait.  Good luck with your story.

74/100 

PS:  You've put hard work into your editing and it shows

PS:  You've put hard work into your editing and it shows.  Great job!